It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #1

Moonbeamdarlene HB User
Question Upper Stomach Spasms with IBS

Hi Ya'll, just trying to find out if I'm weird lol...Anyway, if I have a explosive bowel movement or several very loose ones, alot of times my upper stomach will spasm,,and sometimes be irritated the rest of the day. So any of ya'll have this problem?, if so, what do you do for it?....Take Imodium?.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #2

guitarpicker HB User
Re: Upper Stomach Spasms with IBS

Imodium is a last resort for me, because it plugs you up for 2-3 days and that's a problem, too. I get the high cramps followed by explosive D, too. Everyone is different, but the answer for me is Metamucil every day, No dairy foods, no chocolate, no iceberg lettuce (Romaine is ok), No deep-fried or extremely fatty foods, but some fat is ok like in peanut butter, limited soda pop, and a prescription Robinul.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread