It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #1

Forgiven77 HB User
Thumbs down Does anyone else get mouth sores quite often?

Hi i was just wondering if anyone else gets mouth sores quite often. Its really wierd, i get mouth sores all the time! I wasnt sure if it was b/c of my ibs or what?? Eversince my ibs came i have had bubbly spit and mouth sores constantly, i always have one mouth sore at a time never do i have a clear mouth. Right now i have 3 on my gums which hurt like heak everytime i smile or eat or brush my teeth they kill me and i also have 1 on my lower lip. I dunno maybe its just me??? If anybody else has this please tell me b/c i have no clue why i keep getting them??
thanks-kira

Old 09-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #2

guitarpicker HB User
Re: Does anyone else get mouth sores quite often?

I do have canker sores a lot, too but don't know if it's related to IBS. I doubt it.

Last edited by guitarpicker; 09-05-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 08:00 AM   #3

grammarose HB User

Hi. I'm gluten intolerant and it's common to get mouthsores, along with all the other symptoms. Once my diet was gluten-free, everything cleared up, along with a couple of other things I didn't expect. Now I only get sores if there's an accidental gluten ingestion, which must always be some kind of cross-contamination at the point of manufacture, because my diet is well-organized and gluten-free. The last one was last week, when I ate Lays chips. They say they're gluten free but they use the same production lines as gluten-filled products. Even though they wash the lines between jobs, obviously there's enough to bother some of us. I'll find another brand to enjoy!
Pat

Old 09-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #4

Lisa43017 HB User

Mouth sores along with IBS symptoms can be a sign of Celiacs disease(gluten/wheat intollerance).

Old 09-08-2004, 07:05 AM   #5

rgriffin HB User

I'm not having mouth sores, but I have had a problem with my mouth feeling raw. I've had several docs look at it, but can't figure it out. I think I have IBS, and it has gotten worse this year. They keep telling my burning mouth syndrome, but that usually for post menapausal women, and I'm only 26. Has anyone else had this? I first got it in Feb. and it went away, but it came back and now it's been here since July. It really bothers me. It's the top of my tongue and the roof of my mouth that stays so raw.

Old 09-13-2004, 06:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Are you sure its just IBS? Crohns has the same symptoms. And mouth sores are very very common with anyone that has Crohns.

Closed Thread