It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #1

rgriffin HB User
Unhappy Diarrhea and IBS

I have been having problems with slight diarrhea since January and was wondering if it was IBS. At first I had to go to the bathroom and at first everything was normal, then after a couple of trips it would change to loose, smelly stool. Now, it's more frequent and today it was full blown diarrhea. Itís gotten so embarrassing, because it hits me at work sometimes, and I actually left the other week and came home. I use to go maybe once a week, more if I got nervous about something, but now if I start going, it lasts at least 2-4 days. I did go to the doctor, and did the stool samples, but of course, everything was fine the two weeks I was doing that. No blood was seen, and everything looked normal. I'm only 26, and I didn't know if anyone has had these symptoms, with loose, smelly (very smelly) stools with IBS.

I don't get nauseous, but I do have stomach cramps, bloating, and the gurgling in my stomach. When I have to go, I have to go. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:36 AM   #2

trickydicky HB User
Re: Diarrhea and IBS

yeah - I get this too . Loose and smelly . Another word I could use is "sticky" to describe my BM's . I can also get the cramps high up near my ribs and sometimes lower down too ........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 05:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile Re: Diarrhea and IBS

Hi there - unfortunately your symptoms sound very much like IBS, but could also be other digestive conditions too. You might need to go back to your doctor and have more testing done to rule out other digestive disorders that can mimic IBS.

Good luck to you,
Katie G

Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: Diarrhea and IBS

I get those sticky stools and the pain and cramping in the lower area--sometimes it feels like my lower back. Gall blader? I don't know! Wish I could be of more help to you!

Closed Thread