It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #1

tlg116 HB User
Exclamation Need info for my little sister!!!!

I hope someone might be able to guide us in the right direction.

My little sister has had chronic diareaha and vomiting for several weeks now. She has severe pains in her abdomen, white & red blood cell count low, anemic, dehidraited, weak. She has been admitted to the hospital, test done, ruled out chrone's disease, appendix, IBS, colitis, no cause found and she was released. Tests originally showed severe inflamation of internal organs. Problems persisted; more tests done, still don't know cause.

Now they are reconsidering chrone's disease, and appendicitus (sp?), but they aren't sure. Wanting to do more blood work, and tests. If nothing found again, they want to do "exploratory surgery", but said they won't take out the appendix if that doesn't seem to be the problem.

She is scared and tired of being "tossed" from one doctor to another and still getting no answers. If anyone can give me any causes of why she may be feeling this way PLEASE let me know! I'm not asking for a "medical opinion" (We've already gotten those....) I just want to try to help her find a cause of her problems.

Thank you for any info. you might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #2

sis22 HB User
Re: Need info for my little sister!!!!

it sounds to me like an allergy to something shes is eating all the time or some kind of poisoning.Has she been tested for allergies or poisons in her body?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #3

tlg116 HB User

They have tested her for everything under the sun. She was re-admitted to the hospital today, they are going to do exploratory surgery, but they still don't know what they are looking for....

Old 09-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #4

litlepick HB User
Lightbulb Re: Need info for my little sister!!!!

my husband experienced most of these symptoms before he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (noramally it shows up in children but he was twenty when he was diagnosed) have them test her blood sugerif they havnt already.
my mother had many of what you are describing when she was pregnant, the doctors finally decided she was dieing of luchemia (sp?) and saent her to anarborthe doctor there reguired a blood pregnancy test which was negetive, but just to be sure he did a pelvic exam and to his suprise she was purple (with child) the followup ultrasound confirmed she was five months along alough she continued to have regular peroids untill I was born.
Another thing that comes to mind is lupus, an immune disorder inwhich your body starts attacking your organs because it thinks they are forign objects

Old 09-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi tlg,

I hope they find out if there is a medical problem for your little sister. Since I have never experienced what she's going through, I don't know what it is like. It does seem awful what she is going through. I hope something works out for you.

Cheers, Raju.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #6

armymommy4 HB User

TLg,
Have they tested her for celiac ( its a food allergy) but an autoimmune issue or an autoimmune enteropathy her symptoms sound so much like my daughters, in and out of hospitals her potassium levels kept bottoming out, her blood counts were all over the charts yet still no conclusive diagnosis after four doctors, finally a doctor from boston was consulted and brought in and we found out that and my daughter suffers from an autoimmune enteropathy called Autoimmune Inflammation of the bowel disease, this disease it made my daughter have the vomitting, diaherria,weight loss inability to sustain herself on food, to the point edema began to set in( her body was shutting down), Be aggressive with the doctors and don't take no or unsure answers, ask about these diseases it seemed that only after we pushed and pushed did we finally get somewhere and now my daughter is stabilizing and doing better, but it is a long road to haul we have done at home health, tpn's, engy tubes and supplemental feedings via the engy until just recently, but no matter whatstay diligent and strong your sister and family need you too. I hope this helps and know that I am praying for you and yours.

Armymommy4

Closed Thread