It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 PM   #1

ScarrdOne HB User
New to Board/Can anyone help?

Forgive me, but I am embarassed talking about this. I am 29/F and I have IBS with constant diarhea. My Gastro said that I am perfectly healthy but my lower intestine is just spasming more frequently than normal. He give me a muscle relaxer to take when I have a muscle spasm. However, I don't always get to the meds in time. He also gave me a drug to help my diarhea. It doesn't help all the time. I now buy anti-diarhea pills in bulk and take up to six doses a day! And I still have regular diarhea. Sometimes the pain is so bad that I throw up also. I need to get a second job, but I am seriously afraid that my IBS will hinder my performance if I keep running to the bathroom. Can anyone help?

Old 09-07-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: New to Board/Can anyone help?

Hey.... My first piece of advice is to read through all the posts on here... Many people on here have asked similar questions that will help you out.... As far as if anyone can help.. I can give some advice.. First of all I would say really really look at your diet... I think diet and nutrition is one of the biggest things in helping/hurting IBS in general... If you're not eating healthy, and getting adequate nutrition, your insides (digestive system) won't function up to its peak condition anyways... Look at knocking out Milk products... Lactic acid in these is often hard for people to digest, especially with IBS.... Also, you may look into removing Gluten from your diet, some people have an intolerance to this also. I also say, eat grilled not fried... Grilled stuff is generally more healthy... Many many people on here have found relief from Caltrate Colon Health Tablets.. It is a calcium supplement. Also you could get some papaya enzymes from your local walmart or equivalent to take with meals. It is suggested to take a probiotic supplement... Acidophillus is a common one people get, its to balance the intestinal flora.. You take them on an empty stomach... They are the "friendly bacteria" that are found in things like yogurt. Experiment with your medication until you find something that works. Find a gastro doctor that is willing to listen, and who does not think IBS is "in your head".. sure stress can contribute, but if you have someone thinking you are going to be cured if you "stop thinking about it" they are the wrong doc to go to... I truly believe if you have a strong support system, it can go so far in helping your condition... Also products like "digestive advantage" are useful to some. You can just look around for those types of products... Good Luck, report back and let us know how you are doing.. People on these boards are more than understanding, and overly-friendly!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread