It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2004, 11:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Is this a normal thing?

Iím not really sure if these two things are connected but hopefully somebody out there has also experienced this and can help me. I do want to state that I have IBS, which was diagnosed about 23 years ago, and for the most part I have very few symptoms anymore but still, maybe it has something to do with what I'm feeling now.
About a month ago I slipped and fell on a ceramic floor, and I mean hard. I fell almost flat on my back with my tailbone taking the brunt of it. A doctor did say that even if I fractured something, there was nothing that could be done, and that eventually it would start to heal. I was in alot of pain for about 3 weeks and have just started feeling better this last week. My question is Ė could I have also hurt my rectum, or anus? I noticed the week after this happened that my insides Ďdown thereí ached. Twice after a bowel movement, the ache was just terrible, and even now itís still there off and one though not as intense. Of course my mind is thinking of all kinds of terrible things that it could be, although there is no blood anywhere and no change in anything, just this off and on aching. And because I was just fine before my fall and didnít start feeling this until the week after makes me think that the two are connected. I didnít think you could actually Ďhurtí yourself inside like that, though my husband thinks that I may have maybe bruised it inside when I slammed into the floor. Is that possible? He said I hit that floor so hard it was a wonder I didnít shatter everything back there.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User
Re: Is this a normal thing?

I dont really think your I.B.S. would actually ache like how you described..If you dont see improvemeny i woul call a gastro doc to get a colonoscopy dont to check the insides..sorry to hear about your fall..hope your feeling better soon!!

Closed Thread