It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #1

rainbowchick HB User
Unhappy does anything take away the pain?

i have IBS and it's been really acting up lately, i'm in constant pain with spasms. I'm trying to continue with my normal life, but its so hard. I'm a student and am finding it really hard to sit in class. I can't stand long because it hurts so much to put pressure on my left leg, my whole left side hurts. Is there anything that will help???? I don't have much energy, and haven't had energy now for a few days. I just don't know what to do.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: does anything take away the pain?

yes.. there are things that help.. like anti-spasmadics.. i'm also a student.... i've been able to manage though, only having to miss/get up outta one class to date.... but.... drugs like donnatal, bentyl.. etc... those will relieve the spasms.. you might wanna see a nutritionist.. they can give you some necassary vitamins you're lacking, and can make you're overall health better....
try peppermint tea... its an herbal remedy.... also.... you may wanna try caltrate colon health pills.. just thoughts if you haven't already discussed or gone on these w/ ur doctor
oh yeah, another one people talk about a lot is.. librax.... i've taken xanax... which is in the same class of medicine.. and if an attack comes on.. i dissolve one of those under my tongue, and it helps w/ the pain A LOT.. talk to your doctor about librax... many have found success, i may try that at a later date... bye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #3

rainbowchick HB User
Re: does anything take away the pain?

Thanks...i'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and will mention those mediactions. I hope i can get something to help.

Closed Thread