It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Kat734 HB User
Colonoscopy prep

Hi all,
I'm having my colonoscopy on Tuesday. I've had one before and this is a follow-up, so I already know the prep is the worst part.
My question is, does anyone remember reading here before that if you suck on a piece of lime before drinking the phospha soda (or whatever else it is you have had to drink) that it helps mask the taste? I haven't tried this, but remembering how bad that stuff can be...it would be worth a try.
My prep involves a clear liquid diet the day before...3 oz. phospha soda mixed with ginger ale, followed by a glass of water (divided into 2 doses)...and 3 Dulcolax tablets.
Ha, ha...I read on the phospha soda bottle not to use more than 4-9 tsp. in a 24 hr. period.! And I'm drinking the whole bottle? I knew it. They ARE trying to kill me.
Wish me luck.
Kat

Old 10-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User
Re: Colonoscopy prep

Well the lime might help.

I had the same prep less the Dulcolax tablets. So I doubt it will kill you. At least I survived it. Next time I will have to try the ginger ale. My problem was not being able to keep the phospha soda down. Maybe the ginerale would have helped me that.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 AM   #3
(female)

Kat734 HB User

Thanks Mr. Owl,
Hmmmmm...no dulcolax tabs? All you used was the phospha soda? And that alone cleaned you out? I was already thinking of not using the whole 3 suggested tabs and only using maybe 2...afterall, they cause the cramping, don't they?
Oh, well...today I start the prep. Can't wait to dive into that jello!
Kat

Old 10-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Well I think the doctor gives us different things based on what he thinks it will take to get us ready. You do not want to have an incomplete prep and then have to repeat the whole thing all over again. I would do just what he says. I don't know that the dulcolax causes cramping.

Enjoy your jello!

Closed Thread