HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/)
-   -   Where is all this gas and cramping coming from? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/214901-where-all-gas-cramping-coming.html)

Forgiven77 10-08-2004 09:59 PM

Where is all this gas and cramping coming from?

[COLOR=Indigo]Hi everyone i know you have seen this topic about gas and bloating, but i need advice about what to do to help it. These past couple of weeks i have been dealing with horrible gas and cramping. I mean my gas can sometimes smell like death or it can just be a huge cloud of air, but the thing is i dont know where its coming from. it all started when i started taking this probiotic called floramax and so i though thats what it was b/c it was the only new thing i was trying. I stopped taking it a week to 2 weeks ago and im still having this horrible time with gas. It doesnt smell as bad as it did while i was taking the probiotic but i cramp up really bad then all i do is release the gas. I need help to cut down on the gas. Heres what i mainly eat- Soy milk, wheat cereal, plain chicken, boost, ensure, peaches, green beans, bananas, apples, peanut butter, apple juice, honeydew, pretzels, and honeynut cherioes. Any of this can be causing it? Remember i need to maintain and if im lucky gain weight and this is the only stuff i can eat without a problem.
Tired of the cramping and gas-Kira[/COLOR]

dogtired 10-09-2004 06:41 AM

Re: Where is all this gas and cramping coming from?

[QUOTE=Forgiven77][COLOR=Indigo]Hi everyone i know you have seen this topic about gas and bloating, but i need advice about what to do to help it. These past couple of weeks i have been dealing with horrible gas and cramping. I mean my gas can sometimes smell like death or it can just be a huge cloud of air, but the thing is i dont know where its coming from. it all started when i started taking this probiotic called floramax and so i though thats what it was b/c it was the only new thing i was trying. I stopped taking it a week to 2 weeks ago and im still having this horrible time with gas. It doesnt smell as bad as it did while i was taking the probiotic but i cramp up really bad then all i do is release the gas. I need help to cut down on the gas. Heres what i mainly eat- Soy milk, wheat cereal, plain chicken, boost, ensure, peaches, green beans, bananas, apples, peanut butter, apple juice, honeydew, pretzels, and honeynut cherioes. Any of this can be causing it? Remember i need to maintain and if im lucky gain weight and this is the only stuff i can eat without a problem.
Tired of the cramping and gas-Kira[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Kira
The only thing that has helped me with this problem all these years is a
drug called Bentyl.It's prescription, it's been around a long time and it's
cheap.The only bad thing about it for me is it makes me feel really spaced
out,so I have to take 1/4 to1/2 a tablet.

geifer 10-10-2004 04:16 PM

Hi forgiven 77,
From your list I would think that the wheat ensure and green beans might be causing your problem Have you gone to see a GI doctor? My sister has a problem with wheat it causes her plenty of gas. Check to see if there is whey in the Ensure sometimes that is hard to break down also. I have had GI problems for over 15 years and am lactose intorance. I do live alot on cereal because it doesn"t hurt my gut too bad , Good Luck and let me know how it goes geifer

worrywort 10-17-2004 08:46 PM

I have had bentyl for a while and I have taken it but I feel spacy! Is bentyl pretty safe? If I half it do you think It would help? I get horrible gas and bloating!!! cramps too! so bad they go into my chest and back!!! :angel: