It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #1

Forgiven77 HB User
Angry Where is all this gas and cramping coming from?

Hi everyone i know you have seen this topic about gas and bloating, but i need advice about what to do to help it. These past couple of weeks i have been dealing with horrible gas and cramping. I mean my gas can sometimes smell like death or it can just be a huge cloud of air, but the thing is i dont know where its coming from. it all started when i started taking this probiotic called floramax and so i though thats what it was b/c it was the only new thing i was trying. I stopped taking it a week to 2 weeks ago and im still having this horrible time with gas. It doesnt smell as bad as it did while i was taking the probiotic but i cramp up really bad then all i do is release the gas. I need help to cut down on the gas. Heres what i mainly eat- Soy milk, wheat cereal, plain chicken, boost, ensure, peaches, green beans, bananas, apples, peanut butter, apple juice, honeydew, pretzels, and honeynut cherioes. Any of this can be causing it? Remember i need to maintain and if im lucky gain weight and this is the only stuff i can eat without a problem.
Tired of the cramping and gas-Kira

Old 10-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #2

dogtired HB User
Re: Where is all this gas and cramping coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven77
Hi everyone i know you have seen this topic about gas and bloating, but i need advice about what to do to help it. These past couple of weeks i have been dealing with horrible gas and cramping. I mean my gas can sometimes smell like death or it can just be a huge cloud of air, but the thing is i dont know where its coming from. it all started when i started taking this probiotic called floramax and so i though thats what it was b/c it was the only new thing i was trying. I stopped taking it a week to 2 weeks ago and im still having this horrible time with gas. It doesnt smell as bad as it did while i was taking the probiotic but i cramp up really bad then all i do is release the gas. I need help to cut down on the gas. Heres what i mainly eat- Soy milk, wheat cereal, plain chicken, boost, ensure, peaches, green beans, bananas, apples, peanut butter, apple juice, honeydew, pretzels, and honeynut cherioes. Any of this can be causing it? Remember i need to maintain and if im lucky gain weight and this is the only stuff i can eat without a problem.
Tired of the cramping and gas-Kira
Kira
The only thing that has helped me with this problem all these years is a
drug called Bentyl.It's prescription, it's been around a long time and it's
cheap.The only bad thing about it for me is it makes me feel really spaced
out,so I have to take 1/4 to1/2 a tablet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

geifer HB User

Hi forgiven 77,
From your list I would think that the wheat ensure and green beans might be causing your problem Have you gone to see a GI doctor? My sister has a problem with wheat it causes her plenty of gas. Check to see if there is whey in the Ensure sometimes that is hard to break down also. I have had GI problems for over 15 years and am lactose intorance. I do live alot on cereal because it doesn"t hurt my gut too bad , Good Luck and let me know how it goes geifer

Old 10-17-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I have had bentyl for a while and I have taken it but I feel spacy! Is bentyl pretty safe? If I half it do you think It would help? I get horrible gas and bloating!!! cramps too! so bad they go into my chest and back!!!

Closed Thread