It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #1

LYMPH WORRIER HB User
Question severe abdominal pain... need help

Hello... Two nights ago, I woke up with severe abdominal pains. I had really bad cramping and felt helpless because it hurt so bad. It continued for 4 1/2 hours. Although this cramping was severe... I had no other symptoms at all. I called my doctor this morning and they told me to come in and they wouldn't take no for an answer. Does anyone out there know what this possibly could be? i'm scared. Any responses would help. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User
Re: severe abdominal pain... need help

Hi LymphWorrier:

Well, it depends I guess on where in the "abdomen" area you mean--below your stomach would be more your colon or was it all over the whole adbomen area? I ask this because I had TERRIBLE cramping like pains that went on for awhile like that--it happend right after I ate a meal one time, and I was so doubled over I couldn't walk or even sit up (Had to lay on a sofa). Anyway, soon after I was diagnosed with a pelvic infection, but they didn't really know of what sort. I think it really was just untreated yeast, as my ovary area was really hurting a lot, though thinking back it may have been an early IBS flare up (this was back, before I knew I had IBS). So, what i'm saying is it could be a lot of things...is your doc your going to see a GP?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

hello, i would just like to say that i have had excruciating "cramping" in my colon, well what i believe to be my colon.. its below my waist, if you put your hand below your belly button, and it covered below the waist thats where my cramping has usually been.. its been so severe sometimes and so painful that yes, i too, have to be in a single position... this usually is when i'm going to have a bad flare up, and its just going to explode.... sometimes the cramping can go on for 2 hours before it releases everything... i would say get it checked out to make sure there is no obstruction... and make sure everything else checks out... if it does, you might want to take a probiotic supplement, and add a combo of insoluble and soluble fiber to your diet, to make sure you are regular... get it upto 25-35 grams per day... bye, and hope this finds you well

Old 10-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #4

LYMPH WORRIER HB User

Hi And Thanks For Ur Replies. The Pain I Experienced Was Below My Belly Button. Pain Reaching From Right To Left. I've Never Had This Pain B4 In My Life And I Don't Believe I Ate Anything To Disturb My Digestive System. I'm Going To The Doctor Tonight (my Regular Physician). I Got A Lot Of Blood Work Done On This Past Friday So I'm Not Sure If It Has Something To Do With Something Else I Might Have. It's Just So Scary.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

Hmm--Bulletin--you said "before it releases everything" do you mean the pain or, the the waistes that comes out as in stool?

Have either of you noticed that you hurt say every 3 or 4 days or once a week as in a pattern timed order? I just wondered because I have noticed that with me!

Old 10-14-2004, 01:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

Well I guess when I said "before it releases everything" I was talking about the waste product, but I guess when I do release this waste product it relieves a lot of the painful cramping... Here is how my cycle goes with that, when I am in excruciating pain from severe cramps... I'll be cramped up in my intestines/colon, and it will hurt severely, and it will come in increments really strong, like it is contracting way too fast, and then it will "gurgle" at the end... when its gone through those spasms, it will do this until I am able to produce a bowel movement.. This first movement is usually "solid and small" and only a start of whats to come... The cramping doesn't stop because I haven't been able to rid myself of everything... Then the next increment of cramping will intensify, and I'll produce another small bowel movement.. Then by about the 3rd or 4th time, I just "explode" for lack of a better word with all the waste... unable to control it, whereas before I could hold it in if I wanted to, this is just stuff that "has" to come out....

I do notice that I suffer from these on certain days... These are the days I hate, and usually they are weeks spread out... They were more frequent until I started taking my meds and started eating healthier... For example, there was almost 19 days between one bad day and the next for me, previously ... Sometimes I can tell when I'm going to have a rough day... But these days of excruciating pain that I can't handle are really hard to predict in my case... I may be able to tell it's going to be a bad day... But I consider 'these' days horrible days..

I hope that helps some... Please respond, I'm interested in knowing exactly what kind of cycle with this you go through....

Closed Thread