It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
(male)

Streetcar HB User
Question Looking for help

Hi everyone ,

Back in '01 I had perferrated diverticulitis which caused me to have a cholostomy which was later reversed. In early July of this year I developed the exact same pain that I had with the diverticlitis and on the 4th I went to the ER, the pain was just to much to handle. They ran all the tests (occult blood in stool, blood test, xrays, CT scans w/ contrast) and they all came back neg. Since I have a history of diverticular problems, they sent me home w/ scripts for flagyl & cipro.

Two weeks after finishing the antibiotics I was still in pain, although somewhat lesser than it had been. My PCP referred me to my GI dr and his nurse practioneer had me redo the blood test and CT scan. They came back the same as the earlier ones, so she put me on LIBRAX and set me up to see the GI dr himself on the 20th of this month.

I had to stop taking the LIBRAX after 2 days because I came down with a chest/nasal cold and one of the side effects of LIBRAX is suppressed lung function. This cold is still hanging on so I can't restart the LIBRAX.

Anyway, I'm checking around to see anyone else might have similar symptoms. I'm kinf of at a loss for what questions to ask the dr when I see him, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Neuromas, Diverticulosus, IBS-C/P, Esophageal Spasms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Looking for help

THe best thing to do is make sure you take a water soluble fiber like Psyllium and drink lots of water. It will help keep your colon clean and regular w/o straining..
A person needs 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily to make their intestines function proerly!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread