It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User
Unhappy Chinese Food

Wooh...I don't know why I put myself through so much. My sister took me out for dinner last night and of course we had chinese food...man did I pay for that. The thing is, everytime I have chinese food and get sick I say "that's the last time I eat chinese food"...what a lie...I need to stop telling myself that. The same thing with ice cream...maybe I just shouldn't eat at all.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #2

healinggarden HB User
Re: Chinese Food

Chinese food is yummy And also very bad for IBS Not that it stops me from eating it too! I adore Pork Lo Main and General Tao's Chicken. I could eat that until the cows and home and never be full. It basically goes through me in an hour, do you have that problem? I can't eat ice cream either, I get a bout of gas

It's hard when your favorite foods make you sick. Chocolate does that to me but I'm purely addicted

Kat

Last edited by moderator4; 12-21-2004 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Quote not needed...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User
Re: Chinese Food

It goes through me in about 20 minutes...by the time i get home from the restaurant I'm ready to go...ice cream does the same thing but I'm addicted to it so there's no chance of me stopping that..I'd seriously probably have withdrawal symptoms. And my fav food...Italian...I eat Italian and I'm done for atleast 3 days. It's so sad because I don't eat out much. Sometimes I have to just to feel normal and then suffer in private.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:27 PM   #4
Inactive

ppfla HB User
Wink Re: Chinese Food

I love chinese food too- found a restaurant that does not add MSG to their dishes-this ingredient can be a major trigger for some with IBS. I order one of the noodle dishes ( like Lo Mein) and white rice--no egg roll!! Seems to work for me--maybe you can give it a try? Ask your fav restaurant if they can eliminate the MSG--
I also love Italian food--(wht food don't I like!!!) and that is a bit trickier-
the cheese seems to be the culprit--so I order a pasta dish with the sauce on the side, or a chicken dish without the mozzarella cheese on top. Seems to be ok....Another problem is if you are ordering a soda too- the carbonation is a real bad thing for some people that suffer from gas--I try to stick to ice tea.
good luck!

Last edited by ppfla; 12-21-2004 at 09:31 PM.

Closed Thread