It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User
Question Pain and burning in right side

I am a 29 year old female who has been suffering with IBS for two years. I have had many problems over the years with my stomach and bowels. At 18 years old I had to have my gallbladder removed due to gallstones. At that time I was also diagnosed with an ulcer and a hernia. They put me on ranitidine and metoclopramide for my heartburn and gas. I done fine for years, just had some diareah every now and then, but no pain. At 27 years old I got a urethral prolapse in my bladder, which I had to have surgery on, and thats when the IBS started up. My IBS goes from D to C, most of the time it's D. I have spasms so bad it causes me to have bladder spasms, and it feels like my stomach even spasms at times. I have boughts of sickness to my stomach feeling, and at times when it acts up I have burning and pain in my right side from my ribs down to my hip, and it goes around the hip into my back. My stomach constantly bubbles and gurgles and I feel like I have fever with it at times. I am constantly gassy even with the medicine I am on. Could someone please tell me if they have the problem of the bladder and stomach spasms with this and the burning and pain in the right side. I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Last edited by worriedfemale29; 01-27-2005 at 12:51 AM.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

aaronon HB User
Re: Pain and burning in right side

worried,

I have everything you have, except for the diarrhea. I have the constipation side very badly. I get the burning, pain, spasms, etc... It's all part of IBS. Now, that's not to say that if you get some bad pain, you shouldn't call your doctor. Trust your gut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
(female)

sixx788 HB User

I can tell you that on and off for 13 years......YES 13 YEARS!!!!! I kept getting a pain in my right side, it burned just the way you say....it's in the front and wraps around to the back. After several visits to the doctor and several emergency room visits, I found out it was constipation. Why they couldn't diagnose this, I have no clue. I was in complete misery. I was only going to the bathroom once or twice a week and have been my whole life, so I had no clue that this was abnormal. I have changed my diet and make sure that I go at least once a day now to avoid the pains. I don't know if this is your problem or not, but it could be. Hope you feel better.

Kelly

Old 01-30-2005, 02:10 AM   #4
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

I just wanted to thank all of you for your responses. I have been going crazy with this stuff for about 3 weeks now. I hate it that there are other people out their suffering with this mess, but it helps me to know I'm not alone, and I have others to talk with about it. It's so hard for me to believe that something that hurts this bad isn't chronic. The pain and burning in my right side is starting to feel better now, but I'm still having the bladder spasms. I haven't been out of the house in 3 weeks, but 2 times I have felt so bad. Between the pain and worry you don't feel much like socializing. Maybe we will all get lucky some day and they will come up with some kind of miracle cure. I would also like to ask if any of you feel like you have pressure in your tail bone. I don't have this all the time, but sometimes it will feel like I have a ton of pressure down their. Thanks again, worried

Old 01-30-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for your reply. When my IBS acts up I also feel as if I have to go urinate frequently. I have to go so much my urine looks as clear as water at times. My urologist told me that the IBS was causing this, but I was worried it could be my bladder acting up due to the prolapse I had. I also have the terrible gas problem, mostly when I wake up in the morning. It seems like when I get up and start moving around it seems to get better. Unless it's acting up really bad then I can't get any relief. When I have a morning I wake up and feel good, I think oh God whats next. LOL, It's an ongoing problem. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks again, worried

Last edited by worriedfemale29; 01-30-2005 at 02:28 AM.

Closed Thread