It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

Georgette HB User
Does anyone "flutter"?

This is probably going to sound really weird, but do any of you IBSers experience a “fluttering” or twitching feeling in your abdomen? Sometimes I get a searing pain about two inches below my belly button, and then other times I will get a fluttering feeling in the same place. I just started seeing a new GP and when I mentioned it to him he said it sounds like “just anxiety”. I also get twitching elsewhere in my abdomen, and other parts of my body. A few months ago I had a twitching just below my eye which went on for about a month. A lady at my work who doesn’t have IBS symptoms gets a lot of twitching on her right side, and when she mentioned it to her doctor he told her it was probably just intestinal spasms. Any ideas?

Old 02-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Does anyone "flutter"?

Hi Georgette,

I may not be able to help, but I can tell you that whatever causes IBS is the same cause for the fluttering - at least as far as my beliefs go.

I've had them too. Fortunately, I've been able to keep them from bothering me for long periods of time.

Cheers, Raju.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Yes I get the fluttering, I just asumed since ibs is spastic colon it is a tummy spasm caused by ibs, It is weird.
Carly

Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

I get it too but not that often and I also will get twitchy or fluttery as you describe it, muscles in odd places like my neck or face...it isn't seizure like or anything or long in duration nor is it connected to the stomach doing that but I have experienced it and like Raju I thought IBS Just caused it...maybe it could just be gas??

Closed Thread