It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #1

melissaq83 HB User
papaya good for bloating???

ive been feeling very bloated for the past 2 weeks and im very gassy and i get pains in my lower stomach. ive heard that taking a papaya digestive enzyme could help?? has anyone tried it?

Last edited by melissaq83; 02-17-2005 at 08:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: papaya good for bloating???

Yeah, I have... A lot of people do this to help the digestion process... I say it does help, give it a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
Veteran

6th_sense HB User

Hi,

Papayas have oestrogen in them - if you can eat papaya, it might help your oestrogen levels. Being a kind of melon it helps BMs as well (esp. if you are the "C" variety of IBS).

Cheers, Raju.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #4

melissaq83 HB User

thank u so much for replying

Old 02-19-2005, 09:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have found that your intestines that has hundreds of bacteria needs at times to be re-balance with friendly flora to help your digestion --- take a probiotic supplement for several weeks, eat yogurt and also a very good item is to drink Kefir.

These all help to re-establish the good friend bacteria that gets out of balance by many diet thing like processed food, too much salt, sugar and fatty foods as well medication -- particularly antibiotics. We just intake too many chemicals in our food and what we drink!!

God Bless---Harry

Old 02-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

Listen to Harry, he knows what hes talking about... gives some of the best advice on the forums.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hey bulletinboard,
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it!!

Harry

Old 02-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
(female)

cinnamongirl_9 HB User
Cool Re: papaya good for bloating???

Hi.

I agree with Harry, also. We ingest just way too many chemicals. Hence the overwhelming popularity of IBS, obesity, diabetes, heart problems, ADD, infertility and miscarriages...

Anyway, papaya is just one ingredient in a good enzyme to help your body digest what is being consumed. Papaya by itself might help you feel better (or it might not) depending upon if the particular element (fat, carbs, minerals or protein- I forget which one papaya works on) is the element that your body is having a problem with. You may need OTHER enzymes for your particular situation. It's trial and error.

And about the medication, yes- stay away from antibiotics! Unless you are hospitalized, on your deathbed. There are so many other natural substances with antibiotic properties- tea tree oil, peppermint essential oil, lavender essential oil, hydrogen peroxide, olive leaf, colloidal silver, goldenseal...I could go on and on. Sometimes these natural remedies work better than traditional ones! People are just so accustomed to popping a pill at the first sign of discomfort.

Good luck!

Last edited by cinnamongirl_9; 02-24-2005 at 06:15 AM.

Closed Thread