It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
(male)

Benji34 HB User
Question Experienced IBS'ers thoughts needed.

Through a long trial of Dr.'s visits, colonoscopy and endoscopy. The Dr.'s think I have IBS.

I have been put on Zoloft and prescription calcium to help curb symptoms. Cut coffee, dairy and am working to find other triggers.

I present with bouts of diarrhea about every thirty days now. In the beginning it was ALL the time.

Here's my main question though. Around and right after attacks I have all these other symptoms: pressure in butt, pain under my left ribs, pounding headache, joint pain, itchy wattery eyes, eye pain and sensitive to light, sometimes slightly tender glands and a sort of run down, but not sick feeling. Lasts about three days and clears up until the next round.

The Dr. says that they don't know too much about IBS and thinks my "other symptoms" are stress related.

This makes me feel kind of crazy, like I'm making the rest of it up, but it feels so real, like something is really wrong.

I'm a young heathy guy otherwise and would really appreciate any thoughts and advice.

Peace to all.

Benji

Last edited by Benji34; 04-14-2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to Benji34 For This Useful Post:
benjii (09-30-2012)
Old 04-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Experienced IBS'ers thoughts needed.

Hi Benji,

I believe that the doctor may be right - given that I have had the same symptoms in the past and I suffer from IBS as well. I was diagnosed after a colonoscopy.

Well, keep your eyes peeled - there may be a breakthrough someday. Hopefully, we will all benefit from whatever cure is invented.

Cheers, Raju.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
(male)

Benji34 HB User

Thanks so much!

So are you saying that aside from the diarrhea that the other symptoms are stress and not IBS?

-Benji

Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 AM   #4
(male)

Benji34 HB User

Seriously altered my diet and lifestyle and am getting good results. Also, a low dose of Zoloft has change my life. I travel for work and am on a plane every other week, but I also have anxiety about flying, that combined with general travel stress is what I believe first triggered my IBS.

I still wonder about the other symptoms around the attack of D. Anybody else have these?

My trouble started or seemed to become most noticeable a few years ago, I was under unbelievably stressful conditions and eating a poor diet.

Sorry if it gets gross. At a moment of extreme stress I suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom and mucus, but no bowel moment. A few days later terrible black D followed by bright red blood! Needless to say I went to the Dr. Many, many tests later. It seems to have been deduced that I had and internal hemorrhoid and have IBS. Are these related I wonder? hemorrhoid caused by irritation of D...

The hemorrhoid makes sense, I sit for work and on long transatlantic flights, probably terrible for the condition. Now the hemorrhoid seems to have cleared up, but I am still dealing with the IBS.

Anybody relate?

B

Closed Thread