It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

princess polly HB User
Newbie with questions

I have just been told that I likely have IBS by my doctor. I have been reading as much as I can on the web, and I now agree. I read that it is common for IBS'ers to have urinary problems as well (increased frequency, having to go in the middle of the night, etc) and that 45% of people have a decreased sex drive. I definetely pee a lot and I don't think that my sex drive is as roaring as I think it should be. Has anyone else heard or experienced these things? Also, has anyone had any luck with OTC's for gas and bloating? I'm am trying to learn what to eat and what not to eat, but I'd love to hear any suggestions! Thanks! princess polly poopy pants

Last edited by princess polly; 04-20-2005 at 12:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
Veteran

6th_sense HB User
Re: Newbie with questions

Hi P Polly,

I believe it is common to have more frequent urination and lowered sex drive due to IBS. At least I've experienced the same too.

As far as OTC's for bloating and gas. I've never used anything to help with bloating... so I'm not sure whats out there. Usually people prescribe fibre supplements (small amounts to start) that are water soluble such as metamucil or Equate. As well they usually prescribe taking active yogourt (plain yogourt) or acidophilus caps which both contain bacteria to help replenish your intestines with helpful bacteria. These are usually the first lines of defence.

Let us know if you find anything apart from that that helps you with the gas and bloating though.

Cheers, Raju.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread