It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Seeing Spots, Nauseated, Dizzy, Light headed - Do these things accompany IBS?

Hi, My doctor has diagnosed me with IBS just a few weeks ago and it makes sense to me with the pain, cramps, bloating, full feeling, not being able to eat certain foods, etc. I've researched alot over the past few days but the one thing that does not make sense to me is my light-headedness. It's gotten so bad that at times I'm like I'm drunk, falling all over myself. When I get real bad episodes, I get really blurred vision, slurred speach, can't stand up and a severe pressure headache. It feels so horrendous that I don't ever feel like I can survive them.
The lighter episodes seem to be lightened by throwing up, or having a BM and sitting, although they are accompanied by cold sweats. It's funny that I call them "lighter episodes" cause they are still immobilizing.
Does any of this normally accompany IBS? My doctor is shrugging it off, chaulking it up to IBS.

I am taking Dicetel since being diagnosed, but the symptoms were present years before even thinking about having IBS.

Also, I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing extreme dry mouth and a feeling of not being able to get enough liquid in the system. (Also present long before the Dicetel was prescribed)

I hate IBS, its something that you cannot get rid of, just something you can treat the symptoms of it seems. Nothing seems to ease the discomfort and pain. I've learned alot of my trigger foods, and that helps a bit. But, for years now I just have not felt like me. LOL I told my doctor, I am sick of being sick.

Sorry for such a long posting, but it seems so many things accompany IBS, and I'm sure that there are things I have left out. I just think that this site is awesome, I felt so alone cause no one around me understands and tells me to stop complaining, but its so easy for them to say that. They all have no idea of the agony this causes( it was so bad at points that my fiance could not even hug or touch me, and I lost alot of time at work, cause I could not get out of the bathroom, and I've lost many nights sleep because of the pain and having to be in the bathroom every few mins). Its nice to know now that IBS is so common ( just not here I guess lol).

LOL I hope this makes sense to someone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread