It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
(female)

Anju20 HB User
Arrow Weight gain with IBS..please help!!!

I wanted to find out if anyone else is expericing what I am and what I am to do....

I am 27 with ibs and have hashi/hypothyroid since two years. I have been exercising regularly and eating pretty well since 3 months and have only lost like a pound. I just feel like my stomach is always bloated and that causes my weight to gain. When I got to the bathroom then I feel light. I have to regularly take fibercon so I can get bowl movement regularly if i dont I start having constipation and hurts when I go to bathroom and I feel heavy and my weight goes up. I dont know what is going on....is it possible to loose weight with ibs cause I am not seeing any results so far. please help I am feeling very frustrated. feels as if I just will never be able to loose my weight. I want to loose 15 pounds.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Re: Weight gain with IBS..please help!!!

Sounds maybe like you're retaining water.... have you looked into that option? It is possible that if you're experiencing alot of bloating and gas that you're retaining water as well and that could be the cause of weight "gain". Water weight gain is difficult to lose as well, which could explain the exercise and proper nutrition not cutting it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

Anju20 HB User
Question Re: Weight gain with IBS..please help!!!

Thank you so much for your response Angela22F. How can I get rid of my water retention?

Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
(female)

Justcantgo HB User
Re: Weight gain with IBS..please help!!!

Hi Anju20

Have you tried cutting out refined carbohydrates? I get relief from that “heavy” feeling when I stick to the basics like chicken, tuna, eggs, green salads and veggies, stuff like that - plus it really helps with losing and maintaining my weight. I know that if I go and eat ice cream, pasta, or any combination of sugar and carbs not only is it painful, but I bloat right up.

Closed Thread