It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #1

sienna228 HB User
Unknown Problem, help plz

I am 17, male, 5'7 and 120lbs. Over a year now (since 10th grade) I have had problems with my intestines. I have found diarhea to be a common thing in my life. I often get diarhea cramps even though i dont have to ****. I barely **** 'normally' and i found that one week I will be fine and the next I will have diarhea, ( i also noticed week to week changes in my acne and hunger). I am always sick in my intestines when I wake up in the morning..and usually for the first few hours of my dad. I find it to happen the same time every day...doesn anyone have any help or advice?

Old 01-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

Frankie66 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Unknown Problem, help plz

Hi, Sienna. I would recommend going to the doctor. Before you go though I would make a little log of all my symptoms. Note anything that makes your guts feel different - it will help the doctor. Be prepared to go for some unpleasant tests - but unfortunately they have to be done to rule out anything more "serious". As you can tell I hate to say that "more serious" because IBS is nothing to fool around with. Don't get down when they start saying, "Everything looks normal." It can be very discouraging, but keep at it. Keep going to the doctor and making yourself heard until they help. Sometimes the help isn't wanted but, remember that even your doctor is only human. Try not to get down. Anxiety plays a HUGE role in any illness, stay positive. Try meditation, peppermint tea, stay away from fatty and dairy foods. Also try a probiotic, one that has a lot of flora. Here is a # for Probiotic Advantage .

This promotes healthy guts! But most importantly, get checked out by your family doc.

Good luck!

Last edited by moderator4; 06-01-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
(female)

Penna79 HB User
Re: Unknown Problem, help plz

Frankie66,

I am very interested in trying the Probiotic Advantage from Dr. David Williams. What Kind of symptoms do you have? Did the Probiotic Advantage work really well for you? I have extreme, horrible, and embarrassing gas, which has made my young life miserable with very loud gassy stomach sounds. I am 31 years old, and I have had this unfortunate problem, since I was 10 years old. Could you please tell me more about this product and your experience with it? I would really really appreciate it! Thanks!

Last edited by moderator4; 06-01-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Repeating Quote is not needed.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
(female)

warrenpoint HB User
Re: Unknown Problem, help plz

I am older and had problems for several years like yours. I eventually went to doctors who did all kinds of tests and eventually after being up all night with pains like little knives cutting my stomach, they found out when I went to the emergency room that all this time my appendix was leaking causing the intermittent diaharrea. So go to your doctor and ask for a blood test. They should be able to tell if your blood count is abnormal. The pain was not in my side like the doctors said it should be but all over my lower stomach. Good luck.

Closed Thread