It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Kstarr11 HB User
Whole body symptons and IBS?

Hello all. I am being treated for symptons of IBS with bentyl with no sucess, I am not sure if that is what I really have. Either way I have lost 40lbs in nearly a year. I think the symptons have been gradually getting worse over the past 3-5 years. I am a very stressfull person and cant seem to control my nervous stomach. I cant eat in the morning before I have a movement, however all food tends to be a trigger for me. Everyone is different. I will have occasionally spells of gas and cramps, but mostly i just have to go. I am waiting to see a GI doctor. Recently I have found out I have dysplasia, HPV and HSV, I am worried my problems could be larger and more systematic. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

JodiAnn HB User
Re: Whole body symptons and IBS?

Kstar11,
Hang in there. I noticed at the end of your thread you said you just found out you have dysplasia, HPV and HSV. I am currently have bowel issues and I too had dysplasia and HPV. My dysplasia was at the level of carcinoma in situ therefore I chose a hysterectomy (already have 2 kids and don't want any more). I'm not sure what HSV is. But I tested positive for HPV. My dr. also found a lesion on my small bowel and now I'm trying to get an appt. with the surgeon that said it's only a diverticulum and nothing to worry about. I want to be 100% sure it's nothing more.
I can't stand the stress of trying to get answers. Hang in there and good luck with everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
(female)

Kstarr11 HB User
Re: Whole body symptons and IBS?

Thanks Jodie Anne, HSV-2 is actually herpes. I know there are many causes of chronic diarehha. I have a weak immune system in general and I am worried my problems could be larger and more systematic. The pre-cancerous dyspasia bothers me, and both HPV & HSV2 are viral making my immune system suseptible.

Closed Thread