It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

steckles HB User
Gastrazyme/Acupuncture?...anyone use this for IBSc?

I have had numerous intestinal and stomach ailments for awhile now...diverticulitis, adhesion pain from surgery, IBS-c, and just an unstable abdomen...

I have been taking pain medicine since my surgery for adhesion pain that happens everyday along with ibs and then add the monthly cycle to it and I am a mess....

So today i went to my 1st acupuncture appt. to try to relieve some of this pain and try to ween off the ultram.

after just one session(could be in my head) my intestines and stomach felt more relaxed. I went in feeling like i was knotted up and went out feeling relaxed in there.

She also suggested I try acidopholus as well as gastrazyme. Biotics research makes this one and it is made up of mostly vitamins, (A, U).

it is now almost 8 hours since that appt and the relaxed feeling is still here. I did take one ultram an hour ago for pinching, but i really do feel a difference after just one session. I am still uncomfortable(have been all week) but better than i was last night and this morning(not being able to move too much in the bathroom = C...)

has anyone ever tried acupuncture for ibs?

i am very interested in continuing this and hopefully getting a handle on this if not even cured...

is this possible?

Last edited by steckles; 08-04-2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added a few words

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Gastrazyme/Acupuncture?...anyone use this for IBSc?

I have never heard that acupuncture helps with IBS.
But, as you know all pain meds will cause constipation -- some more than others.

Have yo tried the newer yogurt by Dannon -- Activia--?? Some folks here think it is very good for IBS-constipation.

Last edited by Harry; 08-05-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

steckles HB User

Harry,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I actually have incorporated activia into my daily diet as of lately. I have tried all of the flavors and i suppose the prune ones would probably work the best for this...

although i don't eat that much for alot to come out, i still try to eat the right things...

I have read a few items on IBS and acupuncture

a few links of articles.

Note.
Posting commercial web sites is not allowed -- Read the Posting Rules and follow them.
Also, Posting personal email addresses is not allowed.

Moderator4

Last edited by moderator4; 08-05-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

steckles,

I know that Acupuncture helps alot of things -- the problem with so many alternative care treatments is that you can't find a good Practitoner in the area where you live. But, sometimes you are just lucky ??

I will do a search about the use of acupuncture for IBS.

Since I have been posting here for almost 7 years, -- nothing surprises me in the way of treatments and lack of them.

God Bless~~~Harry

Closed Thread