It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
(male)

Oceandivvr HB User
Swollen stomach

My girlfriend's stomach is always swollen. She has had 4 daughters but she has no stretch marks so it's not from stretched, loose flesh. Whenever she eats, her stomach really ballons up and is like a basketball. No one seems to know why it is like this and the last doctor told her that she had Irittable Bowl Syndrome. Now, I'm not a doctor but I really have my doubts about that diagnosis.

Does anyone else have these symptoms?????????

Old 09-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

kimbaz HB User
Re: Swollen stomach

Does she have any other symptoms besides a swollen stomach? I suffer from IBS and i get a really swollen stomach when i have an attack but thats usually occompanied by severe pain and a need to run to the toilet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

riley5 HB User

My abdomen gets really bloated after I eat too. I go from a size 2 to a size 10 from eating a meal. Even drinking a bottle of water will cause me to bloat like that. I've had to buy new clothes in size 10 with a drawstring waist so I can cinch it up before I eat, and then let it all the way out after I've eaten.

I also have pain on the left side of my abdomen almost every time after I eat. It's not related to having to go to the bathroom, and going to the bathroom doesn't relieve the pain.

I'm not sure if it's IBS. My GI doctor says it is and my internist says no. This has been constant for three months now, and she says it would come and go if it were IBS. I'm undergoing a lot of testing now.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
(female)

champers HB User
Unhappy Re: Swollen stomach

Hi there

My main symptom is swelling and feeling tired all the time. I swell every day and I am really struggeling to cope. My doc has gave me antidepressents to see if that helps. Has anyone got any idea how to settle your stomach down?

Old 09-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

filiasan HB User

I use herbal teas that I buy from GNC. I also use Phazyme daily (usually once a day, when I wake up; sometimes I'll take a second in the evening). It works very well and is a good, cheap OTC for those who don't have medical insurance. But sometimes it doesn't do well and I'm forced to have a little drink (just a little bit, like half a serving, will ease swelling; but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a good tolerance).

Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
(female)

GurlyGurly_17 HB User

I have terrible bloating as well with my IBS (I have IBS constipation dominant), and I need advice too! But basically the advice that I would give your girlfriend is that she should watch her diet, because I've noticed certain foods that bloat me more than others...Such as Soy and Dairy. I'm so depressed about how badly soy bloats me because I love it So tell your girlfriend about that...

Anyone have any advice for me as well on bloating? LoL we all seem to be struggling with it...and it's so frusterating because I feel so unnatractive when my stomach swells! So tell your girlfriend i feel her pain....

Closed Thread