It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
Question Strange Bowels?!

Hello Everyone!
I'm 22 years old. I do try to eat health and I do avoid foods that I know that make me worse. But the thing is everything makes me sick even just a plain slice of wheat bread.I have had bowel problems for about five to six years now. It started when I was younger and at first we thought I was Lactose Intolerant and I cut out all dairy. It made a difference for awhile, but my problem started to worsen as the years past. It was to the point that I had bad gal stones so I ended up having emergence surgery to have my gallbladder removed. That happened in 2003. Well it has been 3 years I am still constantly in the bathroom everyday with bad diarrhea not matter what I eat it makes me sick. I never have vomited because of this I just get upset down below lol. Now when I am in the bathroom I am in there for at least 15-30 minutes. Now (the gross part) is my bowels are always an orangish-yellowish color. Kinda like what stomach acid looks like if you had vomited up. Know I know everyone is going to say go to the Docs, but I'm working on it. I don't have health insurance right now but I just sent my paper work in for Medicaid just 3 days ago. SO... hopefully within a month or so I will have health insurance.

~~~My question for everyone on here is if any one had any ideas of what is wrong with?? or If anyone else has similar problems and how do they take care of it or deal with it???~~~

PS. Feel free to ask any questions you feel necessary. I am not afraid to answer them !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
HELP!!! Might be IBS??!

Any suggestions on how to deal?

Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
(female)

jrebecc HB User
Re: Strange Bowels?!

Sounds like it could be IBS. I have IBS and it is usually with diarrhea. I get times where my stool is yellow. This is usually bc the stool goes through your intestines very fast. BC you do not have your gallbladder, you may be having issues from that. The excess bile may be irritating your intestine giving you diarrhea. I know there are meds you can take which help absorb the excess bile.
I would try to eat real mild foods, avoid spices, caffeine, stuff like that. See if that helps. Also, try not to stress out too much! I know that is hard to do. Anytime I am stressed out, my IBS acts up and food just goes right through me!
Good luck!!

Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

I basically stay away from food lol. I eat Salads everyday with chicken in them, they are plain too. It's just irritating to not be able to eat anything without having diarrhea. I don't eat or drink caffeine. I only drink Green Tea or Fruit 2 o water. I also get muscle pains in my sides from going to the bathroom as well and sometimes my back gets sore in the area of where my kidneys are. I am not sure if that is due to my IBS problems or if it has to do with my old back pain just acting up for awhile.

Thank You for the Help it is very much appreciated!!!!!

Danielle

Old 01-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
(female)

pottyallthetime HB User

The one thing that caught my attention in your post was the whole wheat bread...I know a lot of IBS sites recommend a simple, bland diet which includes plain white bread etc....

I don't have gluten intolerance or celiac disease but I can tell you this---I CANNOT EAT 'FACTORY MADE" WHITE OR BROWN BREAD. I can eat lots of rye, pumpernickel and even a bakery style loaf of Italian bread (in a small quantity) but I cannot eat those sandwich breads---

They will make me sicker than ever. I discovered this one weekend when I was at home alone eating quick junkfood--hotdogs in Wonderbread buns...and I got so sick--and then I ate just the buns next weekend...and I slowly started to realize that there's just something about factory made breads that just ain't right. I also can't eat a lot of pasta either.

I swear it's some stupid vitamin or nutrient they "enrich" their breads with or something....

Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

Yes I have read an heard about being allergic to wheat and having it cause IBS problems. but the thing is I still get them with a bowl of salad!!!! I know there's no wheat in greens lol. But I do cut bread out of my diet, and on occasion I have a slice like when I have heartburn or on the occasion that I have sandwiches. SO far I haven't found a food that doesn't effect my bowels.

Last edited by DanielleX51; 01-08-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

jrebecc HB User

It does suck not being able to tolerate many foods! I have problems with salads and too many leafy greens. If I eat them I am guaranteed to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Maybe you are sensitive to them as well? Try going on the BRAT diet for a while and see how you do on that. It is just bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast..dry toast. Totally not exciting, but maybe it will give your digestive system a rest.
Good luck!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

I also cannot eat anything factory-made (processed). Store bought bread makes my symptoms flair up. I grind my own grain and make my own breads and they really help me control my symptoms. There is nothing artificial in them, I know they are truly whole-grain, and, they work!

Closed Thread