It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
hip pain with ibs??

i have most of the symptoms of ibs...lots of gas especially right after eating, very inconsistent bowel movements, sudden urges to go, sometimes i go days without going and when i do it is a struggle. i have been having discomfort in my hips/pelvic area ever since my bowel habits have changed. i am worried that it may be something else, but i dont know what else it could be. i am wondering if anyone else has experienced a dull pain in the hip/pelvis because of ibs. its not a sharp pain, but rather a dull annoying feeling...almost like pressure on the hips, usually on the right side. please let me know if you have experienced this type of pain! thanks a bunch.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #2

darkeyes HB User
Re: hip pain with ibs??

yep. actually all up inside of my pelvis area. in fact, at first i thought it might be ovarian cysts... but after ruling that out, i have to do additional testing eventually.... i was hoping it was something gyno. so that i could start treatment right away...but no, i have yet to figure out what the heck is making my bowels stop up.

i also have excess gas, especially after eating and in the evening time. and sometimes i do suddenly need to go... and often it's a hard struggle, esp. in the past 2-3 months.. i don't think it can get much worse.. haven't had a BM in about 4 days now and the last ones hurt so bad. i was afraid that i would have to give myself an enema like i did once before. i hate that!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

I also have pain in my hips and pelvic area, and have been diagnosed with probable IBS. Boy that problem can mess you up!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #4
(female)

Jade001 HB User

Yes, I get that too in that area only now because of straining, I have developed hemorroids. Talk about your fun times!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

prairie_dawn HB User

hugeworrywort, first thing I would do is see your dr. about this. Get a full check up to make sure that you are fine. If you have not been to the OBgyn lately I would get a checkup with them and make sure you have a clear papsmear and that any problems you had prior are ok now. If you notice that your eating habits have changed start writing down what you eat and the times and what you feel when it is happing.

Are you pregnant that you know of? That could aslo change your eating habits and cause pain. From other posts that you have written I would make sure you see the dr. and dont put this off honey. feel better.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
(female)

lele97 HB User

Hello i have the same thing i feel like im havin a heavy sore period when im defo not also my back kills is this norm?? did u find out wot urs was

lele xxx

Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

I have IBS and definitely deal with the pelvic and hip pain. I did have an ovarian cyst that finally resolved itself which has helped somewhat but when the IBS flares, the pelvic pain is definitely there. I'm not sure if the hip pain is due to IBS or something else. I had a bone density scan done for the first time this year and found out that I have mild osteopenia in my hips. I chose to continue my impeccable diet but added better supplementation and increasingly more challenging exercise and strength training to my daily routine. Since I started exercising and weight training seriously and consistently, my hip pain is almost gone. Hopefully my bones are improving too! We will see in a year. I would see your doctor to rule out anything serious and then make sure you are on a good eating, supplement, and exercise plan if you already aren't. Blessings - jrose

Closed Thread