It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

iwanttobefree HB User
anyone get dizzy or light headed?

i often feel like i am heady/bit light headed then have urge to do BM. i have not been formally diagnosed with IBS but have many symptoms. is this a typical one or is it totally unrelated

Old 02-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

auxano HB User
Re: anyone get dizzy or light headed?

Well I'll be interested to hear any replies for this question.

I have had my gall bladder out and this has caused me to have diarrhea each morning (prior to starting Questran).

In the past 3 months I have had 4 times where I get dizzy/light headed and feel quite ill. It lasts usually for the morning, or longer and I am sure it has something to do with needing to have a BM.

My Dr diagnosed me as having a virus the first 2 times it happened.

The third time she admitted that it must not be a virus but cannot work out what it couldbe. She suggested that maybe it was my blood pressure dropping or water movement in my body becasue on these days I usually have to go 4+ times in the morning and it is diarrhea.

Can I ask - is you BM "normal" or is it D?

I have not yet heard of anyone else having these problems but I hope to find an answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

iwanttobefree HB User

it is not diarrhoea but often very thin stools

Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
(female)

auxano HB User

bumping this up.....

anyone else have this???

Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

chyna's mommy HB User

Hi,
My name is Laura and this is my first time posting. My husband has been sick a year this last Jan. 1st. He has diarrhea every morning. He's had a few dizzy spells, not many in the 13 months he's been sick. He hurts, severely in his lower stomach. It used to hurt him after he would eat something he shouldn't eat. Now it hurts most of the time. He doesn't have to eat or drink anything to start having pain. He has had all kinds of tests run and bloodwork. They can't find anything wrong with him. For a year now they've told him he has acid reflux and a hiatal hernia. But the hernia isn't bad enough for surgery. I don't know what bad enough is, except that he's been sick for over a year. I think that's bad enough. Anyway two weeks ago he got to see a different surgeon. He ordered a colonoscopy and all new bloodwork. He can't get back in to see this surgeon for 6 weeks. The not knowing is about to drive him crazy, he's questioning my devotion to him after 25 3/4 years. He's never questioned anything about our marriage and our life together. I think it's all the stress and the worrying he's had to endure. I've had to also endure, but not nearly as bad as he has. We were in the ER at least 40 times, maybe more this last year. They always ran EKG's, because he has severe chest pains, they always say it's just his hiatal hernia. I don't know what to do. I've run out of ideas, I don't want him to worry for 4 more weeks. He's worried he has cancer or something as bad. I just want to know what is wrong with him, so we can deal with it. At least we'll know what we're dealing with. If anyone has had these problems, please help. He also had a heat stroke last summer. And our two sons were in a serious car accident together, and we thought we were going to lose one of them. Their ok, sorta, but it almost killed us, along with their Dad already being so sick. Help.....
Laura

Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
(female)

karen82252 HB User
Lightbulb Re: anyone get dizzy or light headed?

My DD is 26 years old. We found out she had IBS when she was 10 years old.
We have gone through 2 years of light headed and dizzy spells. The MD sent her for a cat scan of her head then an MRI. They found nothing wrong. MD wanted to do another test and my dear daughter, said no. She continued to have slight spells. The M.D. thought she was anorexic because she is losing weight, not quickly but she is continueing to lose pounds. Well, she passed out at work and hit she head one night about a year ago. She works 3rd shift.
I had to go get her. They would not let her drive home.
I made her go to the M.D. again. She didn't want to hear anything he said.
He thinks she is not eating enough and that is why she is dizzy and light headed. DD, of course, did not want to hear what he had to say. He suggested she go to a gastroenterologist. DD agreed since IBS had been flaring up also.
Well, we have been seeing the same gastroenterologist she saw when she was 10 and they discovered IBS. In July of last year, DD had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Her esophegus(sp) was inflammed. She was to the point, yogurt was the only thing she could eat.
DD has been under this dr's care since then. I went to the gast. yesterday with her. She is still having pain in her side and feeling light headed and dizzy. It slowed down for a while but is resurfacing. Well, the dr. said her IBS pain can cause your heart to not pump as fast and not as much blood going to the brain and you feel lighted headed and dizzy. WELL, now we know why she has had so much trouble with feeling like she is passing out.
It sure took long enough to find it out.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Hi I get dizzines, but I also have an inner ear problem which can cause it, it is worse when the IBS is worse, but that could be due to decompensation in the brain.
Jayne

Closed Thread