It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

korgiee HB User
Perimenopause and IBs

Does anyone think IBS can be assoicated with perimenopause?? I never had this problem before feeling like i still have to go even after going and and constant nausea and anixeity. I am going through perimenopause and was wondering if anyone else had this connection. I am stating some new meds for all of it. Alyce

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Re: Perimenopause and IBs

i posted same question some time ago as I am also perimenopausal in fact had one over the counter test positive for menopause although I still have periods although all over the place - some time cycle is three weeks sometimes its eight weeks and since all this started I have been experiencing extreme pressure sensations around navel and area waking me in the night and gas and bowel motions. I have had lots of tests and thinking its IBS.
I have never had this before and I was also wondering if the hormone havoc can trigger IBS. I am 46 yrs old by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

desiii HB User
Re: Perimenopause and IBs

I have hormone imbalance and it's an ongoing struggle. So I've had no choice but to learn a lot about them and how they affect the body. Hormone fluctuations can absolutely instigate IBS in some women (including me! lol). And they do fluctuate quite a bit during perimenopause. So there's a fairly good chance that it is connected to your issue. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done other than to control your diet and drink lots of water.

Closed Thread