It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

zydecomom HB User
Gatorade and Miralax colon prep

Has anyone done the Gatorade, Miralax powder and Ducolax colonoscopy prep? My brother just did it and said it was a lot better than the Fleets. If you've done it, what time of day did you take the 4 Ducolax tablets? My brother took his in the morning but the online directions I found (which i sent and got approved by my doctor - he had wanted me to do the Fleets) said to take the 4 tablets at 3 pm and start drinking the Miralax/Gatorade at 5 pm. My colonoscopy is at 7 a.m. the next morning if that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
(female)

tomkinsone HB User
Re: Gatorade and Miralax colon prep

I've never heard of doing the prep that way. I have heard of the fleet, but my doctor wanted me to drink the magnesium citrate on a Wednesday afternoon and then the trilyte on a thursday afternoon, prior to my colonoscopy on Friday morning. In addition, from Wednesday afternoon till Thursday afternoon, I could only have clear liquids, and nothing with red coloring in it. After Thursday, I was not eating or drinking anything until after the colonoscopy that Friday. It was a long three days. I think I lost around 8 pounds! lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

Vickie306 HB User
Re: Gatorade and Miralax colon prep

yes my husband did this prep. It was a breeze for him. No cramping, no bloating, no nausea. He took 4 dulcolax tablets at 2pm. Then at 4pm he had to start drinking 119 gms of miralax mixed in a 32oz bottle of gatorade. He had to finish that within a 2 hour period. Then wait 1 hour and then drink another 119gms of miralax mixed with 1 more 32oz bottle of gatorade within a 2 hour period.

His procedure was done at 8am the next morning.

Next Monday afternoon is MY turn!!! LOL I am doing the exact same prep and procedure time. I sure hope mine goes as easy as his did.

Closed Thread