It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

Concerned12345 HB User
Unhappy Terrible cramping pains please help!

I hurt from terrible pains in lower abdomaine probably intestins! I have had similar thing before but nothing to this degree and had a barium swallow done, nothing showed and low and behold it went away and I thought nothing about it. By the way IBS was mentioned but nothing followed through any further as it went away. A week ago I got what I think is the flu and was throwing up and had a bit of diareaha. Now I have a terrible ache lower abdomaine and then on and off I get these terrible cramping pain. It hurts so much, sometimes I am unable to get to the bathroom and so I just breath through it, almost like labour breathing and evencually the pain will subside. Stuck with the ache all the time though. When I can make it to the bathroom sometimes all that happens is passing wind and that does make it feel a bit better. Other time I just want to have a BM but nothing comes out and I just pass wind. It's very uncomfortabld and hurts a lot. Other times I might actually BM but it's hard too, I have to really push!
What I have read up and it states that it's to do with foods you eat IBM. I have noticed if I eat yogurt I can have terrible cramps, also spagetti sauce. Other than that I don't know if it's to do with food or what. I know I have to keep a diary of what I eat and how I feel after eating it and later on. It's so confusing though. I eat a lot of whole grains and whole wheat by the way.

Any thoughts or suggestions/help on what to do to get ready to go speak to my doctor about this. I hate the pain. I know what foods cause problems vary from person to person so it's hard to ask what I should avoid! I am so frustrated with this all and I hurt a lot. This week if I go to the doctors all I can see is a walk in doctor, my doctor is away this month!
Please help me out, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

jasgirl HB User
Re: Terrible cramping pains please help!

Hello!
That is awesome you are keeping a diary of what your eating and how u feel.And even if its a walk in dr, its better to see one than not anyone at all.
are you regular? u should probably keep track of your BM aswell and how each one went (hard soft.....) I know it may not sound nice but it will help u and the dr to see any patterens....also if you are going thru more stress than usual these days should be told to the dr.
I have IBS and it seems like u have some symptoms but I am no dr. so its good that the dr you see does tests and stuff to try and rule out everything else.
I am sorry you are going thru this-it sucks, but I am sure once u see a dr and they find out what is going on you'll feel much better.Good luck with everything

Old 12-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

jodianne HB User
Re: Terrible cramping pains please help!

Concerned,
IBS can be diarrhea, or constipation, it can be one or the other or alternate.
Stress and anxiety does flare it up. Also diet plays a role. Did you try
cutting down or eliminating wheat and dairy. I know this affects some
people. Maybe w/ having the stomach and intestinal flu it through off
the balance of the good and bad bacteria in the intestines. Probiotics help
to bring you back into balance. This is something you can ask your doc
about. Hope you feel better.
Jodianne

Closed Thread