It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

jasgirl HB User
Tired of major bloating....

Hey Everyone!
I swear I can relate to every topic on this site almost.I have IBS-C which is mostly well always constipation.Plus I am on alot of medications for other health issues that cause constipation so it worsens things most of the time.However one thing I have ALWAYS had was bloating like majorly-to the point when I was 120lbs afew years ago and was having a major bloating day,I was feeling so aweful to begin with and this man asked me when I was due????? I FREAKED! DUE???? He knew by the disgusted look on my face that I wasn't pregnant.But I looked it from my bloating.And now it seems like my bloating is an everyday thing,I can't wear half my clothes because on day they fit and the next they won't.Does anyone have this problem too?
I really do not mean to be gross here but my constipation is sooo bad I need to take disposal gloves with me to the bathroom each time because it won't release on its own most times (sorry just stating how bad it gets) I do take colace and stuff) and I have found suppositories help to loosen up stool and it helps with the BM's for those who are as bad as I am.
The only thing I have found that works alittle is the med zelnorm which is for IBS-C and it took my bloating away and kept me regular the first time trying it.The only problem is I heard it went off the market???? Not sure if that is true yet or not.And drinking lots and lots of water really does help.
But I am soooo tired of being bloated and dealing with all these symptoms it causes me to stay in and hide away.Especially on really bad days when I look pregnant and afraid to be asked when I am due,its always by men too LOL! No offense but to everyone-NEVER ask a woman if shes pregnant or when is she due? Unless u know forsure that she is expecting,because it really really hurts ones feelings.Especially when I am not overweight,its my bloating that makes me feel it tho.
So just wondering if anyone has similar symptoms as me? or any advice? IBS sucks!!!!! Sorry for being so very open-Just being honest
Hope everyones day goes well-and that IBS takes a hike for awhile for all of us!

The following user gives a hug of support to jasgirl:
pccooper (08-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
(female)

bellyblues HB User
Re: Tired of major bloating....

Welcome to the boards.

I don't have the extreme bloating you describe but I do lean toward IBS C with D thrown in just for the fun of it! I used to take colace but that doesn't really address the issue of making the bowels move. It is helpful in softening the stool but isn't going to help with propulsion.

I took Zelnorm years ago but found it too harsh (because I'm not chronically C). It was taken off the market but apparently Amitiza, a new drug, is showing good results for those dealing with extreme constipation. You may want to check with your doc about that. Another drug that folks have had success with it Miralax, which you can purchase OTC now.

I agree that GALLONS of water a day (if possible!) is the best remedy for C. Many folks, like myself, are unable to handle fiber supplements because they tend to clog an already sluggish system. Again, good topics to discuss with a GI.

Good luck.

Closed Thread