It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

margieo HB User
left dull ache in lower abdomen

left dull ache in lower abdomen, ct scan showing thickening of terminal ileum , scheduled for colonoscopy & endoscopy end of Feb.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
(female)

Georgette HB User
Re: left dull ache in lower abdomen

I was told exactly the same thing - "thickening of the bowel wall on left upper quadrant" following an ultrasound. I was sent to a general surgeon who did a colonoscopy, and it revealed no problems - well, except for the fact that it showed I have a twisty colon. So she sent me for a cat scan which showed possible slight inflammation on the outside of the colon. So now she is sending me to a gastroenterologist (my 3rd), who I see later today.

What else did they say to you about the cat scan results? Any insight as to causes, treatments, etc.? Please keep me posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
(female)

margieo HB User
Re: left dull ache in lower abdomen

Thanks so much for replying to me . The CT Scan doesn't say anything specific - It ruled out diverticulitis , mentions maybe colitis but until the Colonoscopy & Endoscopy are done the doctors will not commit to saying anything specific - you know how they love to schedule you for tests and will not tell you anything to allay your worst fears until then so its wait and worry . I am scheduled for 2/29 and this has been going on since early December . I will say one thing - Metamucil is the best . My problem was constipation prior to trying to eat more fiber and taking 2 tsps. of Metamucil daily . I recommend it highly .
I hope your problems get resolved soon.

Margie
Thanks again

Closed Thread