It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #1
(male)

Allen00000 HB User
IBS?or Colon cancer?

I am 19 years old, start from the end of December, I have a little bit constipation problem, i did not have stool for a week, besides that, i got hurt in my belly and i can feel rapid movement of my Intestine,few more days after, i can have stool, but they become a little bit thinner than before(about little finger size), I was afraid that i may got colon cancer(cause my mum got it when she was around 50),so i went to see doctor, the doctor listened to my case, and touch my belly, he did not gave me any further check, then he said that i got Irritable Bowel Syndrome(I believe that it's what it call in English),he said that it's not common for my age to have colon cancer,then just gave me Gasteel and Duspatalin, after that my problem seems getting better, and my stool back to normal size.

But two weeks before, i found that my stool getting thinner again, this time, the stool also get a bit flatter,most of them are thin and flat, only few pieces are like thumb size, i did not have any pain in my belly, i did not feel any incomplete after bowel, I did not have any weight loss, I don't feel that i have anemia, also, i cannot find any red color blood nor any black color blood inside my stool, then i ate lots of vegetables and fiber supplement in case that thin stool because of lack of fiber (I read some tread said that it may cause the problem),after few days, the quantity of my stool increase, but the shape is still not normal, eh, i dunno how to describe, from some site, it looks like type 6 in Bristol Stool Scale(fluffy pieces with ragged edges,a mushy stool)
Also, i only have one bowel each time, after that, if i force myself to have bowel, I can only have very few and very flattened stool.

I am so worry, because I looks like have colon or rectal cancer,having flattened stool, a little bit changed stool habit.
But if the previous doctor was right, IBS may also have these symptoms.I looks like having colon cancer? or IBS?

I am only 19, is it common to have this cancer at my age?
Or this is something normal with IBS?(because the first doctor said i have IBS)
It affected me a lot, everyday i need to worry about this and it really affect my daily life, can any one with similar experience can give me some advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
(male)

creeman HB User
Smile Re: IBS?or Colon cancer?

Has your doctor ran any test?I am not a doctor but it sounds like IBS.Keep us posted and good luck.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

Allen00000 HB User
Re: IBS?or Colon cancer?

I went to doctor at early January, and the doctor did not gave me any test, he just touch my belly and said that i have IBS.
I did not go to any doctor since the stools go thin second time two weeks ago.

By the way, recently I have stools every days but very loose, not in shape.
Today i have my stools second time, they are in shape, only one piece is in thumb size, other are thin,does it looks like IBS?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
(male)

creeman HB User
Cool Re: IBS?or Colon cancer?

That can happen with Ibs or you can get diarrhea or constipation.Ask you doctor to do a colonscopy test to rule out colon cancer.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
(male)

Allen00000 HB User

hi Creeman, do u have IBS? Do u have thin stools problem too?

I think i better ask my doctor for a colonscopy test, what if my doctor say i have IBS before give me any test just like the first doctor i met? can i force him to give me one?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
(male)

creeman HB User

I have had IBS for the last 15 years or so and Yes my stool does look like that sometimes.Your dr should do the test to rule out anything else.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
(male)

Allen00000 HB User

hi Creeman, I found some dark color stools,(very small, just a bit bigger than black pepper), thay are not exactly black, but in darker brown color, i found them in my loose stools, is it common for IBS? or it is blood? it they are blood, i think i need to report to my doctor.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #8
(male)

creeman HB User

It could be dry blood.If I were you I would get the dr to run test to be sure it not something else.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #9
(male)

Allen00000 HB User

Thanks creeman, i will try to make an appointment as soon as possible

Closed Thread