It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

hike12 HB User
Stomach Ache And Lots Of Gas

I Had Ibs About 10 Years Ago When I Was 29.it Was Very Bad I Had It For Weeks At A Time Bloating Feeling All Over The Stomach And Constaption And Different Shaped Stools With Mucus In The Stools.im Now 39 And I Think It Return But Worse Ive Got Very Bad Stomach Cramps Soon After I Eat And A Lot Of Gas I Mean A Lot Of Gas.and My Stomach Makes Strange Nosies.ive Got Constaption Again And Dirraiha Altertatively.i Eat Good Food Plenty Of Veg And Cearal And Fruit.the Only Thing I Could Think Of I Been Under Alot Of Stress Lately .could This Flare It Up Again Or Should I Go Back To My Gp .i Was Told I Had Ibs After A Camera Up The Rear End That Was Negative And That Was 10 Years Ago. Thanks Everybody

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

bellyblues HB User
Re: Stomach Ache And Lots Of Gas

Once you have IBS, it's unlikely it will ever go away. Since you were dx 10 years ago, I would guess you are simply having a reoccurence. The fact that you've been symptom free for 10 years is nothing short of a miracle, in my opinion!

Stress is probably the biggest factor in IBS flare-ups. And though I hate to say this, often symptoms will worsen as we get older. When I think back to what my IBS was like when I was 25, I feel my heart ache to have those days back! And how I used to complain then! If only I knew then what I know now.....

You may have to do some dietary adjustments while you are experiencing these symptoms. Fruit, for me (and many) is the kiss of death and directly responsible for painful gas and bloating. Apples could send me to the hospital! Bananas will bind me for a week. Oranges or citrus of any kind will feel like battery acid going down. Everyone is different but I haven't met an IBS sufferer who can digest raw fruit properly.

Veggies can be pretty dicey too. Without question, they must be cooked to nearly mush for me to eat them. Brocolli, cauliflower, and greens all have to be cooked to death and taken in small doses.

I've found that I do well with winter squash like butternut and spaghetti. Yams are also excellent as well as fennel, parsnips, beets, etc. They do not produce painful gas and I swear by fennel as a natural laxative.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

maryann76 HB User
Re: Stomach Ache And Lots Of Gas

Wow it sounds like Im having the exact same problem,I have been expeiriencing bad stomach cramps,and also gass in my intestines like in the upper part of my stomach that makes the strangest sounds & they are such loud noises that you can hear them from across the room.I also get occasional constipation but here lately,It seems to have gotten worse.Ive also noticed that the upper part of my stomach is very bloated and hard,I am 31 yrs old and otherwise healthy,But this all just started 2 weeks ago with severe abdominal pain.What do you think this could be?

Last edited by maryann76; 03-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Closed Thread