It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
(male)

hike12 HB User
does salads make ibs worse.ive got terrible pain under left ribs after a salad

hi again.does salads make ibs worse because ive had three salads in two weeks and it keeps giving me pain under left ribs its realy heavy ache.trying to see what could it be .theres spring onions,red,yellow,and green peppers.cucumber,tomates,lattuce,beetroo t,radish,colsaw,do you think any of these could had to ibs.or any irritates ibs,thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
(female)

bellyblues HB User
Re: does salads make ibs worse.ive got terrible pain under left ribs after a salad

Everyone is different but I think it's safe to say that lettuce and raw veggies cause major problems for most IBS'ers. If I eat salad, it will cause pain and show up in the toilet in it's original form - meaning I do not digest it.

Simple answer? If you get pain everytime you eat salad, don't eat salad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 AM   #3
(male)

hike12 HB User
Re: does salads make ibs worse.ive got terrible pain under left ribs after a salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyblues View Post
Everyone is different but I think it's safe to say that lettuce and raw veggies cause major problems for most IBS'ers. If I eat salad, it will cause pain and show up in the toilet in it's original form - meaning I do not digest it.

Simple answer? If you get pain everytime you eat salad, don't eat salad.
thankyou very much.peas and sweetcorn are the same.but about two years ago i could eat salads with no problems.i was dignosed with a peptic ulcer three years ago im on tables most of the time for that.that would help with ibs would it .thankyou for your reply

Closed Thread