It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
(female)

pinktulip HB User
Anyone tried the Sherry Brescia program?

There is a Sherry Brescia claiming a "cure" for stomach problems..and a book call "great Tast No Pain"--anyone know anything about her or the book (it's about alkalining the body)

Last edited by moderator2; 08-09-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
(female)

rubysnan HB User
Re: Anyone tried the Sherry Brescia program?

I accessed this thread because I too want to know about the Sherry Brescia program. Is there anyone out there who has tried it and can comment on its effectiveness?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

aidanie HB User

Why don't you all just try the free program and see the results yourself.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

janasz HB User

Hi Aidanie, which free program do you mean? I checked the Sherry Brescia website and you have to pay 50 USD to get the book.
Thanks
Jana

Old 11-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
(female)

Miriam Garfield HB User

I feel she is giving dangerous information. She is telling people with divericuloucis (which I have) to eat nuts and hard fruit. she claims doctors are wrong in saying this, but insists that the Mayo Clinic has said it is ok. IT IS NOT!! She should be shut down before she kills someone. She is looking for the $60.00 for her "pills".

Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
(female)

pinktulip HB User

Miriam-
I was just trying to find out if anyone with IBS-D has been helped with Brescia's program--
I too have diverticulosis...and have had surgery too...BUT FYI--the newest research and medical advice it that is makes NO difference with nuts and seeds---My 3 top Boston gastroenterologists and surgeons agree-
(That said, I still stay away from them!!!)

Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Consider instead looking into the specific carbohydrate diet which is a strict grain-free, lactose-free and sucrose-free diet for people with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

The diet was developed by Sydney Valentine Haas, MD and made popular by Elaine Gottschall who wrote her own book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet.

You only have to buy the book or borrow it at the library. You buy regular food at the supermarket. You don't have to buy anyone's program or products to use the specific carbohydrate diet.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
(male)

overberg HB User

There is no cure for IBS.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
(male)

pnova HB User

I haven’t even seen an offer from Sherry for some $60 pills. I’ve only seen her diet and health info around her ‘Great Taste No Pain’ book and program.

I’ve gotten the free ‘white paper’ via email from Sherry, which basically outlines which food combination meals are safe and nutritious. She also says, if you’re not comfortable with one choice, go with another. So, if you’re not comfortable with nuts and hard fruit, then choose something else.

It seems to me she gives plenty enough choices, so you can fairly easily choose a meal plan to suit you.

Btw, from what I’ve studied, she’s not talking about anything that’s rocket science. Plenty of others, including Tony Robbins, have talked about the need for a diet that creates the proper acid/alkaline balance in our bodies.

I say, try the free ‘white paper’ guide. You virtually have veerrry little to lose. You just need to do a little grocery shopping to accommodate the list(s) and maybe change how you design your meals. And as she says, you’ll notice the difference in 4 days or LESS. These are MINOR concerns, considering the health problems you’re trying to solve.

Phil

Last edited by moderator2; 03-05-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

The Following User Says Thank You to pnova For This Useful Post:
haggybaggy31 (08-25-2012)
Old 03-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
(female)

pinktulip HB User

Just FYI--all the gastro doctors and surgeons I have spoken to recently have revised the old advice of no seeds, nuts, etc.....apparently they have not seen any evidence of these causing diverticulitis--that said, I do stay away from them--BUT I have had recurrence of diverticulitis AFTER my surgery even when I am so so careful about diet----so go figure.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
(female)

foggy lady HB User

Ive suffered with IBS many years,recently a friend told me to try pepperment capsules from health food store,i took her avvice and i do feel as if these capsules are helping with the problem

Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
(female)

TreeDriver HB User

You get access to the free ebook "Pain Free in 1 Day". Actually gives 4 days worth of foods to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner so that you may give the program a little try before trying the full risk free program. All I had to give up to get this free ebook was my name and email. You confirm the validation of your address and then she sends a link to the ebook thru email. If you have access to a printer you can print it out and have it in hand.

Last edited by TreeDriver; 03-18-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Correction of spelling

Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #13
(female)

TreeDriver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam Garfield View Post
I feel she is giving dangerous information. She is telling people with divericuloucis (which I have) to eat nuts and hard fruit. she claims doctors are wrong in saying this, but insists that the Mayo Clinic has said it is ok. IT IS NOT!! She should be shut down before she kills someone. She is looking for the $60.00 for her "pills".
How much research have you done, and where does your data come from that should keep us from saying the same thing about you?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
(female)

TreeDriver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esker View Post
Consider instead looking into the specific carbohydrate diet which is a strict grain-free, lactose-free and sucrose-free diet for people with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

The diet was developed by Sydney Valentine Haas, MD and made popular by Elaine Gottschall who wrote her own book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet.

You only have to buy the book or borrow it at the library. You buy regular food at the supermarket. You don't have to buy anyone's program or products to use the specific carbohydrate diet.
Try many things until you find what works for YOU. Not every program works for everyone. There is no one program for everyone. Though most of us would like that lazy luxury.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #15
(female)

TreeDriver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasz View Post
Hi Aidanie, which free program do you mean? I checked the Sherry Brescia website and you have to pay 50 USD to get the book.
Thanks
Jana
You get access to the free ebook "Pain Free in 1 Day". Actually gives 4 days forth of foods to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner so that you may give the program a little try before trying the full risk free program. All I had to give up to get this free ebook was my name and email. You confirm the validation of your address and then she sends a link to the ebook thru email. If you have access to a printer you can print it out and have it in hand.

Closed Thread