It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

bcrelief HB User
Question Is this a type of IBS - please help!

Hello.
I am seeking opinions regarding whether I have IBS. Approximately a month ago, I started having some slight discomfort in my stomach and abdomen (I no longer have my appendix, btw). This discomfort gradually turned into great discomfort from time to time located usually across my abdomen below the belly button. I tried the BRAT diet and noticed no difference. I then started having more crampy/direct pains out of the blue which usually would dissipate within a hour or so. Now I also have lower back aches and pains daily. Throughtout I have only had a little constipation. I have seen my regular doctor and gyno and done the following tests: blood work, urinalysis, CT scan with contrast (IV and oral), and all have come back normal/unremarkable.

I am going to see a gastroentrologist in 2 weeks, but I wondered if anyone has heard or experienced this type of IBS? Again, my daily main symptoms are a full/tender dull discomfort across my abdomen which suddenly turns into more direct/crampy pain which dissipates along with general lower back aches which get worse throughout the day. I have occasional constipation. I have a little gas and more burping than usual. I have not seen a pattern of certain foods that make me feel worse or cause more abdomen pain, but it happened more when my stomach did not have solid food in it. I was given a med to stop the ab/colon from spasming, but the side effects are too much for me (I am on another med for a completely different reason which hightens the side effects), plus I really didn't notice too much difference. This med should not cause any of the IBS symptoms.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments would be appreciated. Best, bc

Last edited by bcrelief; 10-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread