It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

Rain820 HB User
IBS attack

I posted about this in the bowel disorder forum, but I thought it may be relateable here as well. I went to the doctor today because I had a sudden bout of losing my bowels, unfortunately before making it to the bathroom. Unfortunately too, this has happened once or twice in the past, and I've always attributed it to bad food of some kind. I've had a colonscopy years ago and was told I had colitis and diverticulitis, and was put on some anti-spasm meds and told to use citricel, and watch my diet to determine what affects me and what didn't. I was doing well, I cut out junk food (I did cheat from time to time), cut out soda, and ate a lot of grilled chicken and baked lays. It seemed to work, I felt better. Things were fine for a while, but the years went on and I got lazy, and slowly symptoms started to creep back.

Fastforward to now, about 12 or so years later...and I'm a wreck again. Today's incident was definitely disturbing for me. It came out of nowhere, I was fine, walking around a store. Then I felt that I had to go to the bathroom, and I tried to ignore it, but I soon realized it wasn't going to let me do that. So I left the store, my ride home is all of 5 minutes, but it was torture. I got into my house and literally as I was standing, I could not hold it, I felt it like "pushing" and finally it just all came out, down my legs etc. I hate to be so gross and descriptive, but I'm hoping someone around here can relate.

So I made an appointment. with any doc that was available to see me. I went through my history with her, and she said it'd be worth it to do another colonscopy (which isn't till mid February though, how lovely). She seemed to be not too concerned, that my symptoms sound more IBS related than colitis. And as for today's episode, she said it could probably have been something I hate (I told her I had some butter that tasted completely sour to me). She also suggested I try to lay off dairy for a few weeks to see if that changes anything, maybe I'm lactose intolerent.

So, overall, I guess it could be worse, there's no bleeding, and the pains I have come and go and are somewhat bearable. But, this thing today, I wish I could just have SOME peace of mind that it won't happen again. Anyone have any advice for that? I'm trying to be positive, as I know that's a huge help for any ailments, but it's just sooooo disturbing. I have to go to work tomorrow and that means sitting on a bus in traffic for close to 1.5 hours maybe 2 with bad weather. I may actually drive just because if this happens again, at least I'll be by myself and be able to turn around and go home. But I can't do that all the time, obviously.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Last edited by Rain820; 12-10-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

peacefrog HB User
Re: IBS attack

Oh I sooo feel for you!! I am having the same problems. Its been getting worse and I'm getting scared. I've had diverticulitis with perforated colon before and had a temp colostomy while the infection healed. I felt good for a couple years, but then had gallbladder trouble so it came out a few weeks ago. I'm hoping this is just a temp thing from that surgery. I get the rumble and urge and have to go IMMEDIATELY. I've had to pull over and go in the woods, drive 4 miles and have to go again. I'm getting closer and closer to not getting my pants down in time for crying out loud! Its embarrassing even with people/family who understand. I had to quit carpooling for fear I'd have to make my riders late and didn't want to explain why I had to stop in the woods.:eek I've been laid off from my job now so at least I don't have to go thru that running thru a factory anymore.I just don't want to go anywhere. If I hear its nerves one more time! It happens at home as much as out. I'll have to go 6-8 times in a couple hours and then my whole lower body aches so bad! Kind of an itchy, achy feeling down my legs and everywhere. Im getting very depressed and lose my insurance next week so that is working on me too. Sorry to be so long, but needed to vent to someone. I'm be watching this for any advice.

Last edited by peacefrog; 12-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

precious49 HB User

Rain820 and peacefrog,
I feel for both of you. I had the same problems many times, not a good feeling especially when you're working or in a public place trying to enjoy your day. I found out that I was Lactose Intolerant. Tryed to use the dairy ease products and they did help for awhile but now I'm completely off milk products and that isn't easy but there are some great soy products out there(some really good-some not so good). I've used my soybean milk and butter and the family doesn't even notice--sometimes says it tastes better-what did you do different. It's definitely made my colon problem better and no more accidents. Just a funny story--I was in an elevator--gas really bad, tryed to hold it--there was a Mom with a baby--I couldn't hold it any longer--thank goodness it was silent BUT deadly--I didn't say a word and the Mom said to the baby--Oh, honey, did you do something in your diaper--thank goodness the floor came up and I got off--that little baby took a big one for me!!! :>) It's very hard to eat out but I just stick to it or I pay big for it. Hope this helps. precious49
God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

Gentlewind123 HB User

This is something I've lived with now for several years. I am almost homebound for fear I'll have an accident in public . . . which has happened too many times! I used to always wear a jacket, no matter the weather, so I could tie it around my waist if I had to. Now, I just stay home.

I've tried every drug known to man, diets, etc. and nothing seems to work. Now, I wear Depends all the time so that I don't soil my clothing. I am without insurance and a year and a half away from Medicare, so can't go to the doctor. Many days, I feel very sorry for myself, then look around and realize it could be worse. Oh well . . . I feel for everyone who suffers with this dread disease!

Last edited by Gentlewind123; 01-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
(female)

precious49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind123 View Post
This is something I've lived with now for several years. I am almost homebound for fear I'll have an accident in public . . . which has happened too many times! I used to always wear a jacket, no matter the weather, so I could tie it around my waist if I had to. Now, I just stay home.

I've tried every drug known to man, diets, etc. and nothing seems to work. Now, I wear Depends all the time so that I don't soil my clothing. I am without insurance and a year and a half away from Medicare, so can't go to the doctor. Many days, I feel very sorry for myself, then look around and realize it could be worse. Oh well . . . I feel for everyone who suffers with this dread disease!
Hello Gentlewind123,
I really feel for you because I know how you feel. I have also had many accidents and it does make you want to stay home. And I know how frustrating it is when nothing seems to help. Not having insurance is just so unfair because health care is so expensive. We do have good insurance and I'm so thankful but with one of my problems it really hasn't helped because no Dr. has a diagnosis for me yet. And I've been to over 50 Drs. by now since 1980 when this started. And don't beat yourself up for feeling sorry for yourself--yes, there are things that are worse but this is happening to you and you are important. The days that are bad for me--I treat myself and do the things that I love and it does help to take my mind off of how bad I feel. Give yourself permission to have a fun day even though you feel bad. For the last few months I've had mostly good days and I'm so thankful to the Lord and I just praise Him for His Mercy. I just pray right now that you begin to feel better and that God-The Great Physician-will heal your body. And just know that I truly care. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
(female)

Gentlewind123 HB User

Hello Precious49. You truly are precious! What a wonderful, loving response to my post. I thank you for your prayers, for as you and I know, that is the most powerful medicine known to man!

Unfortunately, I rarely have "fun" days. I have diarrhea every day - sometimes multiple times a day, so that really restricts my getting out to do fun things. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie - it's been years. And, for obvious reasons, I don't go out to eat . . . unless I'm in my car at a fast food restaurant. Having said that, I just realized that I do have fun days. When the weather is nice, I get out and work in my flower garden. When it's bad, I read. So, I really don't have it so bad, you know - it could be much worse. I'm just used to be so active that this has really changed my lifestyle, as I'm sure you are aware.

Again, thank you. May God Bless You and Yours Daily.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
(female)

precious49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind123 View Post
Hello Precious49. You truly are precious! What a wonderful, loving response to my post. I thank you for your prayers, for as you and I know, that is the most powerful medicine known to man!

Unfortunately, I rarely have "fun" days. I have diarrhea every day - sometimes multiple times a day, so that really restricts my getting out to do fun things. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie - it's been years. And, for obvious reasons, I don't go out to eat . . . unless I'm in my car at a fast food restaurant. Having said that, I just realized that I do have fun days. When the weather is nice, I get out and work in my flower garden. When it's bad, I read. So, I really don't have it so bad, you know - it could be much worse. I'm just used to be so active that this has really changed my lifestyle, as I'm sure you are aware.

Again, thank you. May God Bless You and Yours Daily.
Good Morning Gentlewind123,
The reason that I care so much is that I'm so thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ for his Love and Caring for me. And yes Prayer is the only way to make a difference in our lives. Even when it seems like God may not be listening--if we are a Child of the King, he hears--the thing is, I do want His Perfect Will for my life and sometimes His Answer is not exactly what I would like--But I know that He gives the Best Answer for me--So, I just need to carry on for Him the best that I can even when I don't feel like it.
I feel so for you because I know what it's like to be home bound. Not fun at all. But just doing little things for yourself will help and on those days that you really feel bad--really treat yourselfI'm getting together some info for you that might help. Are you familiar with Henderson Hills Bapt. Church. They have a clinic of Drs. that belong to that church to help people without insurance. My little sister has gone there and has had much help from them. This is an awesome ministry. I have attended that church in the past and love it cause they aren't the "Baptist Church" that I grew up in. I will get that info for you this week. Because I know you need help and that's why they started this. I know Edmond--Do you live NE,NW,SE, or SW Edmond?
Don't you love working in your garden? Mine are a mess because of being ill for 2 and 1/2 yrs. I also adore the birds which we have alot of--we have 2 feeders that I can see from my chair--so when I'm feeling bad, it brings me such joy to see them eating. About a month ago when that 1st cold spell hit, I was giving them seed and a little Titmouse' kept coming in so close and even flew right past my head--So I've read in the bird books about this and I thought I'd try it--Oh, my goodness---What a God Thing---I put some seed in my hand--held it out and stood real still--A sweet little Titmouse landed on my finger and took a seed, went up into the tree and cracked it open and ate it--I kept still--He came back down and landed on my hand and looked at me but didn't take a seed then flew back up to the tree--It was so awesome--It was like He said, Thank You Lady for the seed. It was a Glorious Gift From God. I will never forget it.
I know what you mean about being active--it really sucks when your life is changed by an illness but you are right--I, too, know that things could be alot worse so I have made up my mind to fight this thing the days that I can and to listen to my body and to give God the Glory in it all. And most of all to really appreciate the moments that I have.
I love your name because I can tell you are a Gentle Soul and a gift from God and I'm so happy to know you and I pray right now that God will bless you so much that you can't hold all of it. I hope you got to enjoy yesterday cause today is no day to be outside I'm just so thankful to God for this website and what it means to all. I know that Drs. try their best (well, most of them) to help us and I also know that they are just "Practicing Drs." and that they don't always have an answer---But I know who does have the answer and I'm just waiting on Him---But also---I would not have met you or alot of other Sisters'-in-Christ if I didn't have the health problems that I do--So to God Be The Glory, Great Things He Has Done. Have a good day and know that I love you, my Sister-In-Christ. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
(female)

Gentlewind123 HB User

Precious, okay, now I know we are truly Sisters in Christ! I can't believe you had a Titmous actually land on your finger! How wonderfully glorious of God to give you that gift!!! I, too, have experienced something like that. When I was working, I lived in Dallas and commuted to San Francisco for 18 months. I had a friend who lived in Marin County, so the weekends I didn't fly home, I stayed with her. She had a fabulous garden, as only those who live in California can have. I took care of her climbing roses, her gardenias, her old fashioned roses, her orchids, etc., etc. She had humming birds - BIG humming birds. One male in particular liked to buzz me when I was working in the garden. So, I started talking to him and called him Silly Willy. Well, as the months wore on, my friend and I would be sitting outside in her garden and Silly Willy would come to visit. He started out by buzzing my friend and I told him he had to stop that - it wasn't nice - and for him to come to me. It was as though he understood every word I said. He came over to where I was sitting and just flitted around my head flashing his beautiful colors. After I left California, my friend told me Silly Willy (and the other hummers by that time) would come and just look in her window. She said she would go out and talk to them but it was never the same. I often think of Silly Willy and wonder what he's up to! ha Weird, huh!

I do like to work in my garden, although I can't spend as much time as I would like. However, my daughter and 4 grandchildren moved in with me about 2 years ago, and my daughter, Andrea, likes to garden, too, so she keeps up the front and back gardens nicely. I have a 16 year old granddaughter, Chandler, who has a rare medical disorder called Dysautonomia with POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). My daughter was trying to finish her college when Chandler got sick, and with Chan in and out of the hospital, she had to drop out. It took over a year to get a diagnosis, and that was after a two week stay at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. Then it was another year before Chan's medicines where leveled out enough that she could attend school, etc. So, Andrea did not get to finish her schooling, we are out of money, and now Andrea is looking for a job.

I, too, want to live in God's perfect will. I'm just having a difficult time trying to figure out what that is! ha I guess the perfect thing to come out of all this is that my daughter has gone back to church and is taking the children! She goes to the Life Church at 178th (2nd. streert in downtown Edmond) and Penn. (We live right down the road) I go to North MacArthur Church of Christ - or I should say I am a member there. I rarely go anymore, but I do keep in touch with a number of my friends, and the elders check on me frequently.

In the time that I've been typing this, I've run back and forth to the bathroom. I've taken two Lomotil and have started on the Imodium! Bah-humbug! ha

I have been so incredibly blessed over the years. I had two wonderful parents who are in Heaven now. I have two blessed sisters and brothers-in-law, a daughter, four grandchildren, precious neices and nephews and greats, and some wonderful friends. I have had the opportunity to travel - my first love - and now have a nice house that I own, (a little cramped for this many people, but it's new)a fairly new car that so far has not given me any trouble - what more could I possibly ask for???? Maybe one day without running to the bathroom????? hahaha

Well, I've bent your ear long enough today. By the way, Gentlewind is the name I gave my River Birch tree when it was planted in my back yard. I know - you're thinking "she's a crazy old lady"!ha But, when it was planted, it just danced in the breeze so gently that the name just popped into my head.

I pray God will grant you and yours the best of days today and everyday.

In His love,
Suzi

Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
(female)

precious49 HB User

Hello Gentlewind,
Yes, we are Sisters' in Christ. I bet Silly Willy misses you. I love hummingbirds. Hopefully, I'll get to feed mine this year. I know they are still around but are probably not happy with me. They came to the window last year where I usually feed them. That is an awesome story about Silly Willy and I know that God gives us those special experiences.
Is Chandler OK now? I've never heard of that illness. It sounds like ya'll have been through alot. You do have a housefull but I bet it's fun also. I don't know if I'll ever have grandchildren. My son is 37 and still not married. I keep praying and asking God to drop her on his head because he's so busy that God's going to have to do it. But I'm so proud of him and he is a true Blessing from God. We lost 2 children--one was a 7 month preemie and the other was full term but was breech. I thought that I would never have a child--then we were able to adopt our son when he was 5 days old. I'm so blessed. And I'm sure (almost)that he will find the right Godly woman one of these days. I tease him that she better Love Me! I'm glad that you have your daughter and her children. I just pray that God will bless each one of them and help them live for Him during these difficult times. And I'm thankful that they are in church. I'm so thankful to my parents for raising me up in church. I wasn't able to go today--not a good day--I had 2 tests last week and the stuff I had to take for them made me feel really ill.
Do you have any idea what is causing your problem? My colon issues are helped when I don't have food with Lactose-- by the fact that I am Lactose Intolerant. And when I eat right I don't have as many problems. It's a challenge--reading labels, trying to eat out, and not eating things that I know I can't have---But just recently the Dairy Ease that use to help with that, doesn't help anymore, so I'm off all dairy and I do alot better. It use to cause severe cramping (like birthing a baby) and diarrhea. I wonder if this could be a problem for you? Alot of people have it and don't even realize it. My best friend use to be the bathroom Not a fun time at all. One time it was so bad that I almost passed out--crawled to the door and yelled to my husband. He's a Great Husband and is also Lactose Intolerant but not as bad as me. He still can eat really good things that I can't. I have to bake my own bread, pastries, cookies, pies, cakes etc. I'm wanting those now that I mentioned them But it's really not a bad thing--I enjoy making them as long as I'm feeling good.
Yes, you have been Blessed with alot and I pray real soon that you too can break that friend relationship with the bathroom It's not any fun at all having to live that way. Here's something to make you laugh--I was in an elevator when I was having really bad and stinky gas. There was a lady with a baby and I tryed to hold it in but at least it was silent. The lady said to her baby--oh my, did you do something in your pants. Thank goodness my floor came up and I got off--But--I let that poor little baby take the blame Shame on me!
My parents have also gone Home to be with the Lord. They passed away within 6mths. of each other in 2005. I really miss them because they lived with us for several years but I know that they are having such a good time and I really can't wait to see them again--when the Lord is finished with me being here on this earth My little sister also lost her husband in Feb. of that year. Her daughter is getting married next weekend--it would be so awesome to meet you. They got married by a Justice of the Peace so that they could buy their house together in Edmond and now will have a ceremony for the family. If it would be possible, maybe we could have coffee or a coke somewhere in Edmond. Are you from Edmond? It sounds like we are about the same age--I will turn 60 this year.
I love that you named your Birch tree. And no, I don't think that you're "a crazy lady" and you're sure not old. My body says that I'm getting old but I don't act it and never will. I pray that you have a good week and I'll be talking to you again real soon. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Old 01-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
(female)

Gentlewind123 HB User

Precious, I miss Silly Willy more than he can possibly miss me! I had two Humming Birds visit my feeders last summer, but they only came a couple of times. I love the silly little things and wish I had them everywhere.

Chandler has to take her medicine in order to function. The Autonomic Nervous System is located at the base of the brain. It has 3 functions: (1) regulate heart beat, (2) regulate blood pressure, and (3) regulate gastro function. Chan's Autonomic Nervous System does not work, thus the diagnosis, Dysautonomia. The medicine she takes is to regulate her heart beat and her blood pressure. She does not have any gastric issues, thank God! The POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) comes from her heart beat and blood pressure being out of whack. Some times, when Chan stands up, she passes out. For example, early in the school year, she was in math, stood up to take her test paper to the front of the classroom and passed out cold. Her teacher almost fainted himself! ha There is a chance that when she gets to be in her mid twenties, this will just go away. She is very limited on physical activity and that was the hard part for her. Chan had played competitive soccer since she was 4 years old and loved the sport. It was her goal to get a scholorship to college playing soccer. Needless to say, that dream had to go out the window. She has tried cheering, dancing, etc. but cannot do these types of things because she can't handle the physical part. Fortunately for her, she has found a new love - acting. During the fall and winter, Chan does fairly well. The heat takes her out - she just can't fuction well in heat. So, she's enjoying the weather right now!

Yes, we do have a house full and yes, it is mostly fun. However, there are times when I think I might go crazy! ha I was divorced when my daughter, Andrea, was 2 years old - 35 years ago. It was just the two of us for years, and then when she married right out of high school, it was only me. I've lived alone so many years, that a house full sometimes gets to me. Andrea is divorced as well, so we only have the kids every other week. I at least get a break once in a while! ha The two older children, Emily and Chandler are 18 and 16 respectively. The third is a girl as well, Peyton who is 12 and then my one grandson, Landen, who is 11. Landen is ADHD and when not on his meds, is a crazy kid! ha He's really into guitar and even though he lowers the volume on his amp, the sounds still reverbrate around the house. That's when I head for the garage!!! I have a chair, reading lamp, heater and fan in the corner of my garage. That's my quiet place when I need to escape! And, no, I don't have anything against marriage. When I divorced, I dated a little, but I hated leaving Andrea with a sitter when she had been with a sitter all day while I was at work. Plus, she was taking 3 dance classes, gymnastics, etc., so we were busy. I just never did meet anyone else, but I've never regretted being alone. I'm happy and I think if God really wanted me to be with someone, He would send them.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your two babies. I can't even begin to imagine what that was like. Emily and Landen were both premie babies. Both weighed 2 lbs at birth, but it was Andrea who was sick, not the babies, so they just had to learn to eat, sleep and grow. Thank God you were able to adopt your son. I do hope he meets the right woman and has a grandbaby for you - they are truly God's gift to humanity. Even though I live with mine, I still think they are pretty much perfect! ha And, thank God you have a good husband - someone to stand by your side as you go through this nightmare of illness.

No one knows what causes my IBS with severe diarrhea. I've had every test known to man. For over 8 months, I was in the ER 2 to 3 times a week having magnesium and/or potassium infusions which was a byproduct of all the diarrhea. My electrolytes were so messed up that I couldn't get them on track. I was diagnosed as having Hypomagnesemia as a result of the IBS. Finally, I found a doctor who ordered a pic line put in so I could infuse myself. That helped tremendously since at the hospital they would infuse 4 grams of magnesium over 4 hours. When I was infusing myself, I infused 1 gram over 4 hours. With the smaller dosage and longer time period, my body was able to absorb the medicine. During that time, I was tested for kidney disease, celiac (wheat), dairy products - everything you can think of. I was off dairy for 3 months with no change, kept a food diary for 3 months, no change - nothing has ever worked. I've tried herbal remedies, teas, etc. - no luck. I've had colonoscopies, endoscopies, blood work - you name it. I used to laugh with my co-workers and tell them I had seen every "ologist" and "ist" known in Dallas. At one time, I had a gastroenterologist, nephrologist, internist, endochronologist, mineral management specialist, General Practisioner (sp?), and finally a phyciatrist (sp?). Fortunately, I had an understanding boss since many times I would have to leave the office in the middle of the day to go to the ER. There were times when I would be on the telephone taking minutes of a Board meeting while I was sitting in a bed being infused. After I got the pic line, I would infuse during the day while I was working. Fortunately, I know the signs of low magnesium pretty well, and when I start to feel them, I take oral mag. Of course, you know what happens then - magnesium causes diarrhea, so it's lots of Imodium and Lomotil and small amounts of mag. I sometimes feel a little like a hamster running on a wheel! ha

I know what you mean about your parents and missing them. I miss both of mine as well. But, like you, I know they are in the arms of our Lord. I can visualize Daddy doing one of two things. He's either on the Heavenly golf course, or he's following the Apostle Paul around asking questions! Mother is undoubtedly in a quilting bee.

Again, I thank you for your sweet prayers. I hope your test results turn out well. I will keep you in my prayers as well.

In Christian love,
Suzi

Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #11
(female)

precious49 HB User

Hello "My Sis-in-Christ--Suzi,
My name is Donna. And maybe you will have a Silly Willy here with you this spring. I pray for that for you
You've really been through alot. Reminds me of me and Drs.
I just pray that Chandler does real well with her acting and someday I see her on TV or a Movie. I, too, love this cold weather--I don't do well in the summer but last summer wasn't so bad here. She has been through alot for her young age and I just pray that God will heal her so that she can live a normal life free of medications. It is so dangerous that she passes out.
My phone just went off to remind me of my prayer time so I will send this and then write you more in a while. precious49 oh, I mean Donna
God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Last edited by precious49; 01-12-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Got to get ready to see another Dr.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 AM   #12
(female)

precious49 HB User

Suzi,
Sorry I didn't get to finish my response yesterday. Really busy and I'm glad that I felt pretty good because Sunday wasn't a good day. I went to my Primary Care Dr. and now I get to see some more--oh boy--I can't wait and I get to have more tests But I'm thankful to God that we have good insurance. To feel half way decent--I sure am falling apart.
It sounds like your grandchildren are awesome. And I'm sure that you do need a place to go in the house to get away especially since you have been without a partner for some time. My husband and I were high school sweethearts and were "In Love". We didn't have any idea what Love is. We got married right after I graduated (didn't have to-I was a virgin and so dumb)-We went through some horrible times--almost divorced 3 times. But finally grew up--I've always Loved Him and I even LIKE Him, now. I hated him so much at one point that I prayed that God would kill him. Well, that's one prayer that I'm so thankful God did not answer!!!!!!We've been married 41yrs. of which about 20 have been really good and the last 10 have been awesome, even with our bodies falling apartGetting old really sucks In Sept. he had his prostate removed because of cancer and then 3 wks. later he had hemorrhoid surgery because the prostate surgery caused his hemorrhoids to get really horrible. With God's help--we made it through all of that. I understand what you mean about Andrea being little and caring for her. You can always find a husband but your child is most important. It sounds like God has blessed you with an incredible family (even with the problems). I will put all of you on my daily prayer list. Prayer Works!!!
Our 1st son was born in Germany (husband was in the Army and stationed there) he weighed 2lbs 14oz and looked just like my husband. His lungs weren't developed enough. So, we came home to lay him to rest. And our baby girl was full term--but breach--I had a stupid Dr. and I almost died from being in labor so long. But Praise God for our Precious Son that we get to enjoy on this earth and we have 2 children that we will meet in Heaven Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wondered why until we got our Son at 5 days old--and then I knew that God had chosen us to care for a very Special Child of His God always works things out for our best even though it doesn't seem like it at the time.
Doesn't it drive you crazy that Drs. can't figure out what's wrong? I know it sometimes gets me down but the Lord is in Control and I just keep trusting Him. When you have test after test like both of us and the Drs. still can't seem to help that is when I'm so thankful that the Lord knows--and someday we will know BUT I really think that in Heaven it won't matter anymore to us because all we will want to do is Praise Him. There is one thing that I keep asking the Lord for---I want a tiny little cabin BUT it has to be dust free Do you think that is possible??? I know that the Lord has a sense of humor and I'm sure that He just shakes His head at me sometimes. That is so cute about seeing every "ologist and ist"--I feel that way, too. I've been that way since 1980 and still no diagnosis. I told my Dr. yesterday that I would like to know but that I guess it really doesn't matter. She said that she will keep trying and I got to give more blood. Thank goodness the girl that takes it is the best--I barely feel the needle going in. You truly did have a good boss. I finally lost my job because of my illness but I didn't blame them at all because there really wasn't any way that I could continue. I did get better (but this is so episodic) and my best friend and I started a business together. But that only lasted a year. I have to do things so that if I'm having an episode--then it doesn't matter. I really miss working--I guess that I do because I can't. 5 yrs. ago, I decided that I would try to raise dogs. I have 4 female Yorkies--well, no puppies because it just hasn't worked out. But I love my "girls" and they were truly a blessing because when I have my episodes--it puts me down--but I had to get up and take care of them even when I didn't really want to.
Oh, My Goodness, I bet Your Dad and Mine are playing golf right now. After my Dad retired, he worked at a golf course just so that he could play free. My Dad and I had a very special bond and I do miss him but I would never call them back here. I know that they are having a Bless'd time with the Lord so how can I be sad!!!
You are and awesome lady and I'm so glad to know you--And if I were not sick and on this HealthBoard, I would not have known you. I just Praise God for you and your family. Love Ya Sister-in-Christ Donna God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread