It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
can this really be IBS? PLEASE HELP!!

Please some one who has ibs give me some advice/imfo.
For the last 6 weeks ive been in terrible daily pain,started as a bit of low back pain which then went into my left side and hip area,had moderate sharp pains on and of and general feeling of discomfort,my lower back is a very strong sore/tender pain.it started to ease for a few days then came back so much worse over christmas,i was very constipated which caused my tummy to swell alot and ache ,im no longer constipated,bowel movements are normal but the pains across my back are worse than ever and seem to go into both of my sides but not as bad pain in my sides,im now getting a horrible sort of pain behind and above my belly button, my stomach just dont feel right, i have to keep my top half stretched right out otherwise i get pains in the top area above belly buttoni can hardly eat as i feel full,ive sharp chest pain and keep burping,pains in tops of legs, i have in past had a bit of irratable bowel but no pain like this before, ive had an ultrasound this wk to check ovarys and kidneys which was clear,had blood/protein in urine but doc not worried and say its just an irritable bowel. Im not convinced and am worried its something more serious, i cant see how its getting worse over the wks with no sign of easing off,please help ! Im making myself more ill with the worry!!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
(female)

cloudsdropdew HB User
Re: can this really be IBS? PLEASE HELP!!

I know you posted this is 2009, but just came across it. Did you figure out what was causing it? Your symptoms sound exactly the same as mine. I thought maybe it was a wheat intolerance, so have been gluten-free for about 6 weeks now and it has helped alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread