It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 05:00 PM   #1

kristi9101 HB User
Question IBS!!My Stomach Hurts all the time

I have IBS and my stomach gets real nauseas and it's hurts. I feel like this almost everyday. Does anyone have these same symptoms with their IBS. I am miserable.

Old 11-22-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

ebrbetty HB User
Unhappy

Mine hurts everyday too!! My family doc. said it's IBS,but I'm not sure. It's at the point that I don't want to eat because I don't know what will happen after. sometimes the stomach pain gets worse. Besides the stomach pain does anyone else have "gurgly sounds" lots of gas? Is your pain all over your stomach? I feel like all I do is say to my hubby "my stoach hurts". I'm sick of this and it scares me.

------------------
Betty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2002, 02:28 AM   #3
Super Sarah

Talking

Why not try excluding items of food from your diet. Food allergies/intolerances can be a big cause of IBS. Also, add Metamucil. It is water soluble fiber and can be taken twice daily. This will help get more fiber into your diet.

Also, lots of gas can mean that your good intestinal bacteria are out of balance. You can rebalance by taking Acidophilus caps twice daily on an empty stomach or eating live yogurt. They contain the same things and if you reduce the gas you can also reduce a lot of your stomach pains too.

Try reducing any stress and anxiety that you are under. If you do this it can also help your stomach, due to the mind/gut link. Chemicals are released from the brain during stress that also have a significant effect on the gut, causing problems such as gas and stomach pains.

Drink plenty of fluid and eat a good all round diet.

Unfortunately, IBS can cause D/C and severe stomach pains, but it does not need to be anything more serious than this.

Old 11-23-2002, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

ebrbetty HB User
Thank-you for you reply Sarah.

------------------
Betty

Old 01-18-2003, 07:32 AM   #5

awsx2 HB User
I am a 40 year old female. I had lower and upper right abdominal pain for over 2 years, accompanied by some constipation, excessive bloating, extreme gas, worsened by exercise. Undiagnosed after several doctors and tests. I figured out on my own that the major problem was eating beef...so I stay away from it. It has made a big difference and my quality of life is much better now. If you eat beef you may want to try giving it up and see what happens. Good luck!

Closed Thread