It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

bellalove HB User
sharp stomach pain and upper chest pain

hey everyone,

So for the past few weeks I've been having these really weird/sharp stomach pains and sometimes they reach my upper chest, kind of like heartburn. I went to the doctor, had X-rays done, and they came back ok. I had blood work and a stool sample done because around this time last year, I was diagnosed with having H.Pylori (the bacteria that causes ulcers) and my doctor thought I might have it again. However, the tests came back ok.

Overall, I'm confused as to what is causing this pain. I should tell you that I take a small dose of Miralax every night (I used to have severe constipation problems) and I take two pills of a probiotic called Acidophilus with Pectin. Also, my BM's have been pretty normal. Does anyone know what I should do about this?? I'd appreciate any advice!

Melissa

Old 02-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
(female)

Eeps HB User
Re: sharp stomach pain and upper chest pain

It may be unrelated to the IBS.

Sounds like gallbladder trouble. I have IBS, and I had a bad gallbladder. My GI spent ages looking for a single problem that accounted for all my symptoms, when I actually had multiple problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
(female)

BrainTumrSvr HB User
Re: sharp stomach pain and upper chest pain

You don't say exactly where the upper pain is... such as left or right. It can make a difference, in addition to trying to narrow down where your gut pain is... Left upper quadrant, right lower quadrant.... u get the picture.... But I have heard, in general, that actual chest pain, accompanied by nausea vomiting or/and diarrhea can be symptoms of a cardiac issue... It will pretty much depend on narrowning down exactly where your symptoms are. You should, though, figure out how and where these symptoms are, these details help your doctor narrow down what your problem is quicker and is able to give you relief sooner....

Closed Thread