It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
(female)

jnm3kds HB User
Question sweating and almost fainting

I have had all the symptoms of IBS for many years. I get really bad gas pains sometimes, that are relieved when I have a bm. Well last night I woke up with pain in my stomach, nausea, sweating, and feeling like I would pass out. I actually had to lay in the bathroom floor until I could go to the bathroom. My legs and arms felt really heavy also. I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced this. I thought that maybe I had food poisoning. Well I finally felt better and went back to bed once I had a bm(diarrhea). It's very scary when things like that happen because I never know if it is something serious that is happening to me.

Old 03-10-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

It sounds like you could have had food poisoning, especially if you had belly pain and diarrhea.

The fact that you felt faint could mean that you had a vaso vagal attack, where your blood pressure dropped suddenly and you were unable to compensate.

If you are beginning to feel better now, then it is most likely something you ate or a stomach virus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2003, 04:47 PM   #3

darpinky HB User
I've felt like that before.. not often but it has happened to me.. usually tho its because I've had diarhea for hours. I would say my system is drained and thats when I get the faint feeling, cold sweats and the rest. usually if I eat something mild .. like cereal.. I feel better.. I have also had it when my stomach hurt so much I passed out.. only once.. but sometimes I think I will pass out and don't. Its gas pains I would assume. Hope this helps you some.

Darlene

Old 03-13-2003, 06:27 PM   #4

Rox M HB User
Cool

I've had similar symptoms and then bouts of indigestion, cramps, diarrhea and vomiting. I would
just shake all over as if there was a poison in my
body. At first I thought it was food poisoning but
now I am thinking that it can be a food intolerance.
Check out the symptoms on ***** or any other site.
It's amazing that maybe our IBS can be caused from our
food allergy or intolerance. There are 8 main culprits: milk, eggs, wheat, soy tree nuts, fish, shell fish and peanuts. I hope this helps!

Old 03-23-2003, 06:26 PM   #5

mumpy HB User
Exact same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. And it happened once before as well.

I have no idea why it happened but both times dh woke me up coming to bed and then the whole "attack" started.

When I came back to bed I was shaking violently and took a Klonopin and went straight back to sleep.

I wish I knew why it happened - the first time it happened I was 7 months pregnant and convinced I was in transition!

Let me know if you find out anything.
Thanks
Sarah

Old 05-06-2003, 05:44 PM   #6

Rebel HB User
I had the exact same thing happen to me on Sunday night, as you had described Jnm3kds, I have been told that mine are Vaso Vagal attacks.... they are very frightening, and still I do not have any idea what I can do to prevent them from happening and mine seem to always be associated with a " cramping" of some kind. When they first started it was leg cramps that seemed to bring them on, then for the first time Sunday night it was not a leg cramp, it was stomach cramping from having diahrea and having to go to the bathroom. I have not yet passed out, but am always sooooooo close to it. Does anyone have any idea what can be done to prevent these attacks from happening or how to lesson them, or how to help them pass quickly while they are happening? My Dr does not seem concerned about them and says he see's it alot, but it sure does not help my anxiety and the feeling like something is terribly wrong with me while they are happening, because they are so frightening.
Any suggestions idea's would be wonderful from anyone. I have typed Vaso Vagal into my search engine and have found much information about it, that I did not know.... it has been helpful, but even online no one seems to know what causes this or how to reduce the attacks...... it is so frustrating.

Closed Thread