It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 06:29 AM   #1

CrazyCats4 HB User
Unhappy summer heat & diarrhea

Does the summer heat and humidity cause anyone else to constantly be going to the bathroom....more than what is usually 'normal' for IBSers? We've been having 90+ heat and high humidity for days now and even thou I've been staying where its air-conditioned, my stomach is just so messed up. Daily constant diarrhea that even taking Immodium doesn't stop. I've been eating lightly, drinking lots of water, stopped whatever fruit I can usually tolerate but every morning I shoot out of bed and just make it to the bathroom in time.

CC

Old 07-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #2

adso HB User
Its the middle of winter down here, but from what I can remember summer seems worse. But not as bad if you spend the day in air-conditioning.

Did you say you stopped fruit? Had you noticed fruit as a cause or as a cure for your symptoms? Fruit is supposed to be good for you, but IBS is a funny thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #3
(female)

liam's mom HB User
crazycats...
yes!! i always wondered if it was just me or in my head or something. the summer months are always worse, because of the heat and humidity. and i agonize about outings, which i would love to go on, just because i am worried sick about being "stuck", say waiting for a nyc subway, and getting "the feeling". next tuesday, my mother and i are seeing bruce springsteen and i am worried about the pre and post concert traffic. i guess i'll have to chug some pepto before, just in case.....
thank you all for contributing to this board. just knowing there are others in this situation with me helps alot, sicne of course this isn't exactly something i wish to share with everyone i know!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread