It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

liam's mom HB User
Unhappy any advice? please help...

i was diagnosed with lovely ibs about 15 months ago. then i got rpegnant and all my sypmtoms mostly subsided. intially i was working a very high stress job, so it exacerbated the ibs. now that i am not pregnant, and facing new stressors, ibs is my enemy yet again. but i get very anxious about having attacks, so much so that even the anxiety brings it on. such a self defeating existence sometimes, that it gets me so depressed. my husband is aware of my having "issues" but i don't go into detail or talk to him about it because, well i wish to retain some semblannce of romance. but it is so disheartening that i even have to concel play dates with other new moms because i don't think i'll be able to have a "good" day....
what to do? i am still breatfeeding so my gi doc says he can't give me anything!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #2

cornoil423 HB User
Unfortunately, it is a vicious cycle. You might have a flair up, then get worried that you will have one, then you do because you worried - it just sometimes seems to never end.

I suffer from these panic attacks when I know that I have something to do or somewhere to be, especially in the mornings. So what I do is take a relaxing shower or bath before I go to bed. I do some deep breathing exercises and listen to some soothing music. A warm shower first thing in the morning also helps relax my tension.

My mom also suffers from IBS and has a much better handle on it. Her attitude is, "as long as there is a bathroom somewhere, then go and have fun, or do what you need to do." I sometimes have trouble following that advice, but I find that once I have a "good" day, and can do even just to the grocery store without being paranoid, that it gives me some confidence and reassurance that it will be an okay day.

Hope some of this helps. Just know that you're not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 08:32 PM   #3
(female)

liam's mom HB User
Talking

thank you so much.

Closed Thread