It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 09:52 AM   #1

miserableman32 HB User
Post IBS and back/hip pain?

hi all,
believing my doctor's diagnosis as IBS for me, i am confused with the irregularity of symptoms. now i am getting back pain(its here and there, not at a fixed place)and hip pain also. does anyone experience experience the same. i am getting mentally tortured every passing day,thinking that i have something worseand fatal.i felt good for past 4days after a regulated meal, but today just10minutes after taking some wheat loaf anf egg plant i just crashed!
cheers
miserableman32

Old 07-08-2003, 11:32 AM   #2

Frustrated1 HB User
hi all,
believing my doctor's diagnosis as IBS for me, i am confused with the irregularity of symptoms. now i am getting back pain(its here and there, not at a fixed place)and hip pain also. does anyone experience experience the same. i am getting mentally tortured every passing day,thinking that i have something worseand fatal.i felt good for past 4days after a regulated meal, but today just10minutes after taking some wheat loaf anf egg plant i just crashed!
cheers
miserableman32

I just had to respond to this note, because this sounds like me about 3 years ago. Please please vent, it is good for you. But your doctor has diagonsed you with IBS. I cannot tell you how big of a step this is.
It sounds like you have a plan with your doctor because you discuss about a regulated meal.
IBS is a very fickle condition I have had episode hit about 10 minutes after a meal, where I have had to rush home. I have had episodes where I practically live in the bathroom, the pain has been so bad that it can literally bring you to tears. Be patient, but know that you can function with the condition.

I guess I would have to ask
How long how you known about your IBS condition, i.e., when were your diagnosed?
Did your doctor give you an idea about what you were sensitive too, the most common items are wheat and dairy. The reason why I asked is you stated that you ate a wheat loaf and this would literally put me out.
Where you prescribed any medication?

final thing, IBS affects everyone differently, Hopefully I did not get on a soap box but I just felt the pain from this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 10:42 AM   #3

miserableman32 HB User
hi Frustrated,
thanks for the kind reply.
i have been suffering from GI problems for last 15 years. but recently only it flraed up, after changing the country. before that I never herad of IBS!
but for the last 4months everything took a new turn. i think for the last couple of weeks things are better, with a better mental determination to fight, and OF COURSE THE SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE BY PEOPLE OUT HERE!

cheers
miserableman

Old 07-11-2003, 06:27 AM   #4

Frustrated1 HB User
I would like to know more about the state "after I changed countries" Were you stationed in another country like an asian country for an extended period of time.

I have been able to control my symptoms for a while, but I also get flareups from time to time.

Interesting enough I also get back, and leg pain but mostly in the joints. I get very very tired I feel like I am about 80 years old.

Good luck

Old 07-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #5

miserableman32 HB User
Hi Frustrated1,
i am from an asian country,landed up in US 7 months ago. 3months after arrival in US, things started going wrong for my stomach. it began with diahrroea, but later i started getting joint pain,leg pain and backpain. now only back pain.
I am also fatigued many times,just like you!

take care
miserableman32

Old 07-12-2003, 05:11 AM   #6

Frustrated1 HB User
Thanks for the information.
I knew people from asian countries who have had the same problem, for the first year it was their body adjusting to the many ingrediants in the US versus overseas. Have you noticed a pattern with the BM? Could it be related to dairy products. The reason why I ask, is that most persons of Asian descent cannot digest large quantites of milk or dairy products. Unfortunately, many products in the US contain milk or milk by-products.

Old 07-12-2003, 09:27 AM   #7

DARRYLCANADA HB User
i get back pain alot as well every morning.the only thing that helps me is a very hot shower.but that is only why i am in the shower.my paint is peeling off because i spend so much time in there in the morning hours.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #8

Frustrated1 HB User
Have yoiu had a chance trying taking dairy out off your diet and keeping a food journal?

Old 07-26-2003, 06:31 PM   #9

beacher HB User
I was told yrs. ago I had IBS.......have had and still have back and hip pain.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I have IBS and was having a lot of back pain. My doctor diagnosed that the back pain was from ulcers. Once I cleared up the ulcers (it took several months) the pain in my back went away.

However, I always have pain on my left lower abdomen from the IBS. Your back pain could be from IBS. You could ask your doctor for something for spasms, like Bentyl (there are several different kinds). It doesn't take my pain away completely, but it makes it tolerable.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:07 AM   #11
Inactive

zip2play HB User
I have IBS and a bad back. Either one can refer pain to the other, so I never know which is causing the pain unless I've spent the day lifting heavy items>>> radiating from back; or drinking a glass of milk (a trigger)>>radiating from colon!

Sometimes the pain is straight thru, lower left front to lower left back. I try to treat both conditions as best as I can. Kefir for the colon, and gentle stretching excercise for the back!

Old 07-31-2003, 06:26 AM   #12

kagamc HB User
Smile

I had to reply because I have been diagnoised with IBS along with back & hip pain, but I also have been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia. With Fibromyalgia you also have all over muscle pain, chronic fatigue, ibs, insomnia, migraines, depression and more. I have yet to have anyone prescribe anything for my ibs. I've been to physical therapy which helped for a little while. (the pain has returned) Stretching is usually good for the back pain. If you do stretches in the morning and evening it helps with the pain. (especially with lower back pain)
Good luck.

Closed Thread