It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Post ibs

I have ibs,sometimes i can eat certain foods that will bother me and sometimes the exact same foods wont.Most of the time when im home im ok.Even tho i get diarrhea at home sometimes im usually ok most of the time.The second somebody asks me to go out im heading for the bathroom with cramps an diarrhea.It happens alot when im ready to go out. Also i can be out at dinner and be just finishing my food and all of a sudden i will get a sharp cramp like pain and have to rush to the bathroom.How can this happen so soon after eating?I thought it takes hrs for food to move thru your digestive system to your bowels.Does anybody on here seem to have a problem with diarrhea and cramps just when there going out somewhere?Thanx for any replies.

------------------

Old 08-04-2003, 03:03 PM   #2

Sugarrhodes HB User
I have been told by my doc that IBS causes spasms that push things thru quickly. When I had my small bowel x-rays they determined that my food goes thru me in 20 to 30 minutes. Excitement or anxiety can cause it just b4 going out.

Sugarrhodes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2003, 07:11 PM   #3

whiskey HB User
I am the same way SuzyShops be just ready to go someplce and wham or even sometimes I don't make it home I get servere cramps and diarrhia and too when we are eating out. It drives me insane to be this way.

------------------
whiskey

Old 08-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Thanks for your input Sugarrhodes.

------------------

Old 08-06-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Whiskey i know exactly what ya mean its enough to make a person dread getting up in the morning.This problem brokeup my first marriage.Luckily i married a better man this time.What realy stinks is always having to scope out the bathrooms everywhere you go.Im going away for 2 days and 2 nights to the beach.I had to rent a hotel room right on the boardwalk,just in case.The only way i can handle this problem is by not eating anything for the whole day until i get home;.Its hard having to rush thru dinner when your out just to barely make it home.When im on vacation its doubly hard because i see everybody eating on the boardwalk.I think to myself why cant that be meeee.Sorry for the long post,it helps to know im not alone with this.

------------------

Closed Thread