It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2003, 07:34 PM   #1

Sugarrhodes HB User
Smile Thank you Harry

Harry, I followed some of the advice you have posted in the past. After suffering for 2 1/2 years and finally checking into the problem, I was told I have IBS (the D-type.) I am now eating yogurt 2 times a day, Calcium Tabs 2 times a day and probiotics about 3 times a day (give or take) and I am feeling much better. My normal bathroom breaks would be 8-12 times a day. Now at worse its 4.

Thank you and God Bless.

Sugarrhodes

Old 08-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow

Sugarrhodes,
Thank you for your kind words!! It always amazes me the positive effect this board has on people!!!

With your problem --- i think you should also make sure you get enough water soluble fiber in your diet. Fiber that absorbs fluid slows down your Gastro system.

I use Equate from WAl Mart --- the sugar free /orange flavored kind --- it's cheaper than Metamucil. I know that it says "natrual fiber laxative" on the label but it's really a bowel regulator that bulks up your stool. It's also safe to take daily.

Just start off slow and follow the directions and increase it until you get a gentle daily BM w/o straining.
As you may already know you have to intake 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily for your intestines to function properly.

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread