It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 06:48 AM   #1

CrazyCats4 HB User
Question Ladies on the board, please reply

From research on the net, and talking with lots of folks, it seems to me that women who are taking the pill rarely suffer from IBS. Does low estrogen levels contribute to our suffering? I've never been on the pill. Do any of the women on this board who suffer from IBS take the pill?

CC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 01:05 PM   #2

cornoil423 HB User
I suffered from IBS before I was on the pill. I started the pill and the IBS got increasingly worse. When I went off the pill, the IBS symptoms decreased. It usually works that the more hormones that are in your system, the worse your stomach is. I even get horribly sick just around the time of my period because my hormones are messed up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 03:48 PM   #3

g83 HB User
Question

I never suffered from IBS until I started taking the pill. It may just be a coincidence, but I stoppeed taking the pill maybe two months ago hoping my symptoms would subside. However, they have only gotten worse?

Old 08-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #4

whiskey HB User
I have never been on the pill and still have IBS

------------------
whiskey

Old 08-09-2003, 04:37 PM   #5

Sugarrhodes HB User
On and off the pill in the last 3 years (2 1/2 with IBS-D) it never made a difference. But I am missing some periods (this month) maybe every 3 months or so.

Sugarrhodes

Old 08-09-2003, 04:44 PM   #6

chronic HB User
hmmm....interesting question.

I went off the pill this year and my IBS is now a lot worse. I had it somewhat on the pill but I'd have months that were free and clear. I'd just get it once in awhile. The trouble is, since other factors in my life have become more stressful at around the same time period, it is hard to say for certain. At least that is an avenue I may explore....go back on it to see if that helps.

Old 08-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Janik HB User
I had IBS for a short period of time while on the pill. Coming off the pill made no difference, and I am now back on it without problems. I think there was not relation in my case.

Closed Thread