It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

river HB User
Post very low abdominal ache /assoc w/IBS?

Around the same time I began having the symptoms of IBS I also started having lower abdominal pain/ache. It isn't excruciating, but mostly bothersome thankfully. I have had sonograms, and cysto, and some other tests. and Doctors ruled out female issues being the problem or bladder etc... I wondered if anyone else has this sort of thing? I don't know that it could be related to my IBS, it doesnt always hurt and it certainly doesnt hurt nessasarily when I am having a bout of D or C, though it times it can be at the same time. I notice it when standing up or sitting down /bending, sometimes walking or dancing it can be felt. My stomach is not usually tender to touch though sometimes you can hit that spot. It is so low I would have certainly thought it was female related, and it isn't usually on one side or the other it moves around. does this sound at all like something similar to anyone elses list of symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Talking

I have IBS and I to get the same pain. Somtimes when I walk it feels like my uterus is going to fall out. I have had all the gyno test which came back neg, The area is always tender to press in on and my dr. said it is from the IBS.

Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

river HB User
Cattys, I'm certainly not happy that you have the same pain, but kind of glad to hear from someone and know that this pain might be somehow related. I would hate to think I have more than one cruddy disease to deal with you know? I keep wondering if I havent been proactive enough in getting my dr. to find a definate reason for the pain. but I don't know what else they would explore at this point.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:46 PM   #4

breeze55 HB User
Unhappy

Hello river;
Yes, i have the same problem, sometimes i get real scared, not knowing, what and where the pain, is associated ..I have been to doctors on this, they said the bladder and the bowel are infected, so had a bladder exploritory and it was found to be infected, given medication for that, and the bowel, well i have to wait for a camera exray, which will be months, with this health system, it makes me so mad, cause what if it was cancer, but any way, the family doc, said, to take cats claw, three times a day and take L-guluinmine 500, three of those a day, so that seems to help somewhat, but wow, sometimes when i bend, i can't straighten up right away, also she said i have leaky bowel sysdrome and irretable bowel so to heavys to get over, hopefully with in a year, but of course, you don't get rid of it, you get it covered up the best you can with medication. sad but true..

Old 08-11-2003, 05:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

river HB User
Hello Breeze, thanks for the reply. I have tested positive quite frequently for a bladder infection when my doctor was trying to figure out what was causing my pain, but the strange part to me, is I have no frequent need to urinate , no burning pain etc.... so I began to wonder if the ibs and this problem could somehow be related. reading your message makes me think most definately.

Closed Thread