It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 09:13 AM   #1

DARRYLCANADA HB User
Post ibs pain

hi i just found this board.i am 33 and been suffering with IBS pain for sometime now.the mornings are the worst.i dont remember the last time i woke up with out being in pain.i seem to wake up at 3:00am everynight then the pain starts and most times its gone by 6:00-8:00am.i still have attacks during the day sometimes as well.i have found nothing that really helps.i am not sure what foods/drinks to avoid.i did quit drinking beer+coke/pepsi.really dont eat much meat besides chicken.even a glass of water makes so tummy turn

i just dont know what to do any more i missed a week of work due to it this week.i work in constuction and theres alot of lifting/bending and when your in pain it can really be no fun!

anyone with anything that might help or another web page with some info would be great.

[This message has been edited by DARRYLCANADA (edited 07-12-2003).]

Old 07-13-2003, 10:36 PM   #2

qsph21 HB User
I've had the morning pain (not usually in the middle of the night at 3 like you said, but almost every day when I wake up). Is yours like a localized or sharp pain? Or a more general 'all abdomen' cramping? That's how mine is at least...and it usually goes away after a while or after I have a bowel movement. I too haven't found what dietary triggers (if any) exacerbate my symptoms, but have stopped drinking carbonated beverages altogether now which has been hard since I used to have 2-4 cans of pop a day, heh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #3

qsph21 HB User
oh, p.s.--have you seen your doctor, and if so have you seen him/her recently? If not then you should go, but they still may tell you there's nothing they can do. If that's the case you might want to request they prescribe an anticholinergic for you. You can just take it for a week or two for temporary relief, and seems like it works wonders for my bowels, despite the occasional side effects. The one they gave me is called Levbid...

Also, some people take antidepressants (prozac, or generic=fluoxetine I think?). Those didn't work for me like the Levbid, but they do work well for some people.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:55 PM   #4

kmnorris HB User
I am a 25 year old female who has suffered from ibs for about 5 years. My left side hurts me every morning and my pain usually starts in the middle of the night. The only thing that helps relieve my pain is standing and walking around for a while.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #5

whiskey HB User
36 year old female have that right sided pain every morning too and I know I have to stop the pepsi but I am addicted I am cutting down though

------------------
whiskey

Old 08-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #6

d. baser HB User
i too am 33/male have had ibs now for 5 years...carbonated drinks ARE THE DEVIL!!!!(and strawberry poptarts...man, i used to love 'em)

i have also found pizza's like the frozen kind with lots of yeast in the crust is THE DEVIL!!! add soda and take away sleep.

construction work would be tough with ibs, however, if you could pinpoint and moderate...exercise really helps.

Closed Thread